Will be instrumental in driving the company's growth and exceeding revenue targets in our Business Markets Mid-Market Space. Responsible for daily management of the New Acquisition Sales Team and the overall customer experience within the assigned territory. Develops and ensures attainment of new sales/revenues by running a team focused on selling to new logo accounts which contribute to the Company’s bottom line; increasing revenue to meet or exceed company revenue and market share objectives on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Education and Experience
- Formulate account strategies to grow the business to gain significant sales momentum in the Mid-Market accounts space. Develop compelling sales territories and utilize lead sources to generate high activity across the sales team.
- Hire and develop a proficient hunting team with a WDC Metro Focus. Hiring and managing sales team, including training and development, setting goals, monitoring and appraising performance and initiating corrective action. Motivate and provide a common objective across the sales team in order to achieve significant employee morale and sense of common cause.
- Develop and implements specific programs and account strategies consistent with the economic trends and environmental factors to position strategic products, strengthen competitive position, ensure client satisfaction, and meet/exceed revenue objectives.
- Develop and execute sales plans: Territory Strategies, hiring plans, networking, and Marketing. Participating in refining, executing, and managing overall sales strategy to ensure alignment with Company strategies and plans.
- Business owner of several key sales support processes including opportunity management and forecast management, the overall sales process, territory/customer-prospecting. Conduct accurate sales forecasting and achieve sales targets.
- Tracks Team performance and prepares appropriate reports as required. Communicates overall strategies and responsibilities to the sales team.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident. Meets prescribed deadlines for external projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience: 7+ yrs
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Field Of Study: Business or equivalent
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Maintains professional attitude at all times. Maintains good working relationship with all team members and office staff. Exceptional experience in team building, development and focus around high activity and high results. A clear track record for consistently exceeding revenue goals. Success leading and managing a Field / Transactional sales team. Strong record in developing and assigning geographic territories. Demonstrated sales management experience in the Mid-Market space. Proven ability to hire, manage and motivate successful, transactional sales teams. Demonstrated leadership ability, people-management and mentoring. Technical knowledge related to Voice, Data and Internet Services. Experience at being a strategic member of sales management team who contributes significantly to growth and development of the business. High energy level and demonstrated drive to succeed. Employment of ethical business practices required. Strong personal leadership skills, including planning, goal-setting, resource allocation, objectives negotiation, team management techniques and group problem solving. Strong interpersonal skills. Problem Solving Develops and ensures attainment of sales/revenues and objectives for overall customer segment. Must be able to meet and exceed monthly goals.
Sits five to seven hours per day. Stands and or walks one to three hours per day. May bend, reach, stoop and crouch throughout the day. Should have the ability to hear, speak and see effectively to perform the necessary tasks of this position. Manual dexterity is occasionally required. The position may require frequent movement and activity relating to using keyboards, viewing data on computer displays, and communicating verbally and in writing to the needs of others. The employee-owner may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Government Security Required: No
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (Level 3) is engaged in the communications business. The Company is a facilities based provider of a range of...