Responsible for effectively soliciting and being knowledgeable with account base in his/her market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to generate revenue to positively impact hotel
• Meet or exceed goals established by the Vice President of Sales
• Meet and greet onsite contacts
• Initiate and follow up on leads
• Invite clients to hotel for entertainment, lunches, site inspections
• Identify and monitor production of top accounts and evaluate trends within individual’s market
• Utilize selling techniques to maximizing occupancy and average daily rate
• Participate in active solicitation program
• Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, sales trips, activities and events
• Regularly contact existing account base
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with the Biltmore rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
Other supportive functions:
• Convey information and ideas clearly
• Ability to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
• Work well in stressful, high pressure situations
• Maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
• Effective handling of problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
• Assimilate complex information, data, etc.
• Work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential job functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills or abilities.
• Use delphi and megasys to manage the hotel’s business including (but not limited to) entering bookings, checking availability, blocking space, building accounts, etc.
• Develop complete knowledge of Seaway Hotels, Ltd. Sales policies and ensure knowledge and adherence by all members of the Sales Team
• Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales, i.e. customer events/parties, sales blitzes, etc.
• Conduct professional, thorough site inspections of the hotel with clients
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
• Assist in preparation of required month end report in a timely manner
• Operate the Sales Department within the established sales expense budget outlined in the annual Marketing Plan
• Participate in Saturday office coverage as scheduled
• Review meeting planner evaluations and share with operations to ensure that issues receive appropriate follow up
• Maintain a friendly, attentive, service-oriented manner in all encounters with clients, guests and fellow employees
• Regular attendance in compliance with Seaway Hotels, Ltd. Standards as required by scheduling
• Attend daily line-up meeting
• Perform duties as requested by the Vice President of Sales
• Develop working knowledge of operational departments within the hotel
• Ensure that all hotel employees are attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all clients, guests and employees
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming within the Seaway Hotels, Ltd guidelines
• Refer business to other Seaway Hotels, Ltd properties when applicable
Refer business to other Seaway Hotels, Ltd properties when applicable
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Must possess good detail orientation and organizational skills.
Must possess basic computational ability.
Must be able to use a computer Keyboard and have basic typing skills.
Must possess moderate to advanced computer skills.
Ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing environment. Must be adept to multitasking.
Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA,OSHA, FMLA, NLRA.
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
Talking and hearing occurs continuously in the process of communicating with employees,
managers, and subordinates.
Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision.
Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
At least 2 years of progressive hotel sales experience in a specific market; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of hotel experience; or a 2-year college degree and 2 or more years of related hospitality experience. Long hours sometimes required.
Licenses or Certifications:
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance per Biltmore standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions than an
employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.