SALES MANAGER - RETAIL
Do you want to wake up and love what you do? It’s time for you to become part of our team.
The Cannondale Sports Store in Cambridge, MA is looking for a highly talented Sales Manager to join the team!
The Sales Manager is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in managing the daily operation of the Cambridge store. This includes meeting or exceeding sales and profit goals on a monthly and annual basis while leading a team of professionals that deliver exceptional customer satisfaction. It is also the Sales Manager's responsibility to communicate with their team and supervisor regularly, insure compliance with all company policies, government regulations, safety standards, and utilize good common sense.
- Must be able walk/stand for extended periods of time, up to 6-8 hours per day.
- Must be able to climb, balance, reach with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, works near dust or airborne particles
- Must be able to use a computer keyboard and view a monitor for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to travel for business throughout US and Internationally.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs consistently
- Must be able to ride a bicycle
- Climbing ladders and reaching over head height may be required
The Store Manager is responsible for the sales and profitability of the store which includes but is not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting and/or exceeding sales and margin plans
- Achieving expense plans and managing budgets inclusive of payroll
- Cash management inclusive of daily balancing
- Routinely conduct audits, take corrective and preventive actions when necessary i.e. cash drawer---balancing---credit card authorization processing….
- Assist in supervising a team that may include other assistant store managers, bicycle maintenance personnel, and sales associates.
- Assists store manager in recruiting, hiring, and training and develops a motivated team.
- Supervises and coaches team to reinforce success and correct deficiencies when necessary.
- Insures team is fully trained and the POS systems are functioning adequately
- Manages selling floor, insuring appropriate items are on display in good working order and correctly placed for optimal selling. All product is priced and ticketed.
- Trains team in selling techniques to improve selling metrics, sales, margin, UPT, ADS.
- Maintains high stock keeping and housekeeping standards in store and stockroom
- Insures proper inventory levels through execution or communication.
- Comply with local, state, and federal laws
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Successful and timely completion of administrative details that include but are not limited to: new hires, terminations, inventory management, cash management, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the store manager
- Delivers on all performance measures consistently-sales and margin as well as the quality of the sale, (additional items, customer data capture, types of products sold).
- Utilizes good judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Build positive relationship with peers, subordinates, customers and suppliers.
- Continuously evaluates processes and results and search for methods of improvement, communicating if necessary.
- Follow internal controls and company policies as set by company and job function.
- Contribute to the success of company by leading or assisting with other projects and tasks as assigned.
- 2-4 years of retail management experience required
- High school graduate, college degree preferred
- Retail sales background and or bicycle mechanical background
- Excellent leadership qualities-must assist the store manager to lead and inspire a group of retail associates to exceed targeted goals.
- Basic retail operational knowledge -Opening, closing, stock keeping and store keeping, and inventory management
- Knowledge and experience in using retail POS systems.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where there will be various paths to best solution, based on experience, brand development, customer satisfaction, and profitability.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume environment.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak clearly in English, although some locations may require a bi-lingual skill, (Spanish), as well to effectively communicate with staff and customers.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer satisfaction skills, resolves conflicts and issues in a timely manner for mutual benefit at store level.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Seeks appropriate approvals when necessary to complete tasks or when demonstrating initiative on a new task.
Our employees are motivated by our passion for creating inspired experiences for our customer
- Understanding of bicycle maintenance and operation
- Ability to use power tools in a safe manner
- Passion for fitness and cycling
Join our team!