The Sales Manager will oversee the activities of the Territory Account Managers who are responsible for selling complex products and/or services across one or more product lines to named accounts and/or within assigned territory.
- Manages activities of subordinate territorial account managers responsible for identifying sales opportunities and securing sales
- May also be responsible for direct sales of products and/or services
- Job responsibilities may be geographically driven or determined by line of business
- May also be called on as a technical product expert to develop and present sales proposals and systems solutions, and close complex technical sales
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Major emphasis on the systematic management of the pipeline and moving opportunities through the pipeline
The location for this position is flexible based upon being within the contiguous U.S. and located in reasonable proximity to an airport. Strong preference for the location to be in the Central U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum 7 years sales experience in high performance computing working with customer management and decision makers
- Minimum 3 years people management experience
- Proven track record at influencing solicitations and procurements for favorable outcome
- Knowledgeable of mid-range computing and storage market on a national level
- Ability to persuade others in sensitive situations without damage to the relationship
- Travel estimated at around 40%
Cray Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cray Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets and services high-performance computing (HPC) systems, commonly known as supercomputers....