Must have a minimum of 3 years hotel group experience, primarily in the Orlando/Downtown Orlando area and in the SMERF market.
The DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown is a 341-room hotel and convention center with 20,000 square feet of versatile meeting space. We are currently seeking an energetic, motivated and experienced individual to fill the position of Sales Manager for the SMERF market. The ideal candidate will be responsible for solicitation of all group accounts in assigned markets and will pro-actively manage all aspects of the sales cycle with prospects: relationship development, sales presentations, proposal generation and contract negotiations for business that yields the highest occupancy and average rate attainable over the maximum desired periods in accordance with the hotel business plan.
- Strong candidates must have a proven successful history as a Sales Manager in a hotel,
- Must be capable of formulating, analyzing, and incorporating pricing and selling strategies into short-term and long-term strategic planning
- Must be Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications and Delphi.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Team player with a passion for sales.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
A successful candidate must exhibit superior sales skills that result in closing of sales and ensures building/maintaining of professional business relations. Must have proven track record for anticipating and following through on leads to maximize sales. The ideal candidate would have solid knowledge of Delphi and the ability to understand booking guidelines and rate parameters. This position requires being available outside of the standard M-F business week for sales activities including but not limited to customer arrivals, entertainment, site inspections, etc.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Conveys a favorable image of the hotel with a positive, professional appearance and demeanor.
- Aggressively solicits prospective group business for the hotel.
- Actively cultivates new accounts and telemarkets in market while consistently maintaining profitable relationships with existing key accounts.
- Creates with the Director of Sales a system to routinely update knowledge of competitive set and is able to identify competitor's strengths and weaknesses in order to respond as necessary.
- Aggressively contributes to financial growth of company by maintaining rate integrity and up selling of hotel amenities.
- Develops and implements a strategic sales plan of action in target market segments in conjunction with Director of Sales.
- Maintains excellent interpersonal relationship skills with a professional approach to both internal and external customers.
- Conscientiously ensures that all sales activities are accurate and documented in a timely and efficient manner as prescribed by Director of Sales.
- Supports the Director of Sales and sales team in a professional manner and seeks out new projects and assignments.
- Assists the Director of Sales in the development of marketing plan for hotel as well as quarterly action plans.
- Undertakes other responsibilities as directed by the Director of Sales.
Headquartered in Fairfax, Virginia - just outside of Washington DC - Crescent Hotels & Resorts owns and co-invests in hotel real estate, and...