Manage accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to solicit past and new business ensuring all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded.
Potential Career Path
Property Director of Sales – Area Director of Sales – Regional Director of Sales
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to previous, current and potential clients.
- Use professional sales techniques to negotiate the best possible terms and conditions that satisfy customer (internal and external) requirements.
- Manage accounts ensuring pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
- Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts.
- Maintain hotel relationships with key accounts to increase customer satisfaction and account revenue.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Articulate and leverage the benefits of the hotel to close sales opportunities.
- Travel locally to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel and review competition.
- Represent hotel at trade shows.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management
Work Environment and Context
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or related industry preferred.
- Proven track record in sales required and previous hospitality sales experience preferred.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on holidays and weekends.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
- Moderate travel between hotel and client’s locations required.
Hersha Hospitality Management - 15 months ago