The Sales Manager is responsible for working with the
distributor management teams to plan and execute Kao USA
initiatives in the field. This position will work with
management to plan and build distributor’s business at
the business unit level along with creating and
maintaining distributor relationships.
All major planning with AMCO including, but not limited
to Shows, “Major Events”, Caravans, Planning Meetings
and launches scheduled in each Business Unit.
site selection, booth layout, models, staff
- Coordinates aspects of Distributor beauty shows;
selection, budget, etc., as needed with Key
Relationship Managers and AMCO District Education
- Order product and literature materials for each
Analyst to ensure all BBF funds are properly placed.
- Attend Planning Meetings with AMCO as required.
- Manage BBF template, “bucket mapping” with Sales
- Manage the financial aspects of T&E with Key
- Summarize forecast after each sell in is completed
Relationship showing sales efforts and results.
- Prepares periodic reports for of Distributor
of competitors’ sales programs.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products
- Special Projects as needed and requested by r of
areas for growth with Kao USA brands as outlined in
- Work with existing accounts to identify opportunity
the Salon Business Plan.
competitors’ salon customers within assigned
- Identify and establish rapport with the top
territory with the objective to convert customers to
Kao USA, Inc.
phone) to effectively promote the purchase,
- Meet with clients regularly (in person and via the
sell-through and support of Kao USA products,
promotions and programs.
who have current Market Leader Salons and/or
- Work with Key Sales Consultants identified by those
established Kao USA/Distributor target list to
develop and grow sales.
for Distributors to make purchasing and investment
- Presents Kao USA products, programs and materials
decisions, maximizing Goldwell business as needed.
and grow Market Leader Accounts.
- Successfully utilizes assigned budgets to maintain
events as required.
- Actively participates in distributor events.
- Is present and actively participates at all Kao USA
results VS Diamond Tracking list.
- Prepares periodic reports showing sales efforts and
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related
previous salon sales experience preferred
- 5+ years sales experience in consumer goods with
communicating Business Plans to high profile
- Demonstrated experience in writing and effectively
customers with salon industry preferred.
build and maintain professional business
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to
competitive professional products.
- Product knowledge of Goldwell and KMS, plus key
presentations and close the sale.
- Ability to identify sales opportunities, make
Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook with the ability to
- Strong negotiation skills and techniques.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software, i.e. Word,
create and properly format documents, spreadsheets,
charts, tables, presentations and generate/print
established deadlines and to ensure timely arrival
- Must have a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage time effectively to meet all
to all scheduled company and customer appointment,
meetings and events.
the professional beauty industry.
- Professional and groomed appearance appropriate for
registered and insured vehicle.
- Valid driver’s license; access to properly
weekends as needed.
- Availability to travel and work evenings and
office environment that requires prolonged sitting,
- Requires duties to be performed in both a salon and
standing, walking, bending, talking, listening,
hearing, raising arms, repetitive motion of fingers,
wrists and arms, reading, comprehending and applying
technical material/ information, focusing and
concentrating, lifting up to 25 lbs., as well as
repetitive motion in the use of hands, fingers and
may require travel within and outside the U.S. by
- Valid identification needed for travel as position
way of car, train, plane and/or mass transit. The
required travel for this position ranges from 30% to
70%, mostly within Texas.
Req. Code : 267
Division/Department : SALON
Kao Corporation, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, has announced that it will commence its prestige cosmetics business in China in March 2004....