Minimum of 2 to 4 years of hotel sales experience. Knowledge in all aspects of hotel operations and industry standards. Previous management experience Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and electronic scheduling and e-mail systems. Copy, fax and scanning. Ability to multi-task, follow through and re-prioritize well to meet deadlines. Ability to communicate and develop an effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives, agencies, and Red Lion guests. Ability to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with others Ability to plan, organize and direct the activities of a group of employees What Licenses or Certificates are required? |
What are the essential functions?
What about the physical aspect of the job?
- Solicit the corporate, government, tour and travel, and association markets on behalf of the property in which the Director of Sales is employed.
- Lead generation and bookings of the other RLH Hotels in the chain and the base property.
- Act as liaison between the company’s Marketing and Advertising team, located in the RLH corporate offices, and the staff and management of the property in which the Sales Manager is employed, by orchestrating and implementing all promotional programs.
- Achieve a monthly personal room and revenue sales goal.
- Solicit sales through local sales calls as well as out of town sales trips.
- Attend local, state, and regional trade shows.
- Represent the property in the form of membership in industry organizations.
- Assist in the management of the Sales Department personnel: interviewing, selection, training, evaluation and termination.
- Maximize and manage yield, occupancy and ADR of hotel business is major sales effort of position.
- A passion for service; responsible for delivering personalized, above and beyond service to your customers
- Standing/walking: Constantly. Walking approximately 3 miles on tile, cement and carpeted surfaces.
- Crouching: Constantly. If cleaning guest rooms, lifting supplies and cleaning windows, Kitchen, Front Office, throughout the hotel.
- Kneeling/crawling: Constantly. Completing my job throughout the hotel, if cleaning guest rooms, under beds, while cleaning bathrooms, if getting supplies, working in the kitchen, around the front office.
- Stooping: Constantly. Throughout the hotel in all aspects of keeping the hotel clean and up to standards - if cleaning guest rooms, kitchen, open spaces, lifting supplies and cleaning windows.
- Twisting: Constantly. Throughout the hotel.
- Reaching (overhead/extension): Occasionally. When cleaning high places reaching for supplies needed to perform my job.
- Handling / Grasping: Constantly. Handling cleaning supplies and equipment and documents.
- Fingering/ feeling: Constantly.
- Pushing/Pulling: Average weight 60 lbs frequently, Maximum weight 100 lbs frequently
- Lifting/carrying: Average weight 10 lbs occasionally, Maximum weight 20 lbs occasionally