Renaissance Palm Springs is a beautiful destination resorts with 410 spacious guest rooms, 155 one and two bedroom suites. DATE Restaurant offers casual dining Modern American and Contemporary California Cuisine (B, L, D) ROCKS Lounge & Bar, featuring a wide array of specialty drinks and cocktails, appetizers, lunch menu and patio service. Poolside dining service. 15 meeting rooms with nearly 30,000 square feet of meeting space, 12,571 square foot Grand Ballroom, divisible into five sections accommodates up to 1,500 for banquets. 24,000 sq. ft. Courtyard with seating capacity with seating capacity for 2,500.
Sales Manager (Large Group Corporate Market Segment)
Reports To: Director of Sales/General Manager
Purpose of the Position:
To increase profits by increasing room sales and generating business through aggressive sales efforts.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Know all emergency procedures (fire, severe, weather, bomb threats, guest accident/illness, etc.)
2. Be knowledgeable of all product lines of the hotel including catering, rooms, packages (if
applicable), lounge and restaurant promotion.
3. Conduct a successful, aggressive solicitation process involving outside sales calls, inside
appointments, telephone calls, individual letters and direct mail. As a pro-active sales manager,
80% (eighty) of time is to be spent in active sales solicitation. Responsible for maintaining a sales
quota as assigned by DOS.
4. Assist the Director of Sales in the preparation of the annual marketing plan, including the action
plans covering assigned market segments.
5. Understand the wants and needs of the market segments assigned.
6. Document the wants and needs of customers in the sales files.
7. Maintain a documented record of all solicitation action steps in the sales file.
8. Maintain accurate and current mailing lists for all accounts in individual areas of responsibility.
9. Trace each file for the most effective date for follow-up.
10. Send proposals on all leads which fit the profile of property; actively follow through to convert
from proposal to definite status.
11. Send proposals and confirmations to clients immediately upon holding space.
12. Clearly outline client’s room block requirements, suite requirements and meeting and banquet
space requirements on booking sheets so that the accurate facilities may be reserved.
13. Obtain, document and route all necessary information on definite groups, including billing
information, credit application, rooming list and VIP arrangements. Details on meeting
arrangements, menus, audio-visual arrangements, etc., should be documented and passed on to
catering manager for follow-up.
14. Maintain total and complete sensitivity to customer satisfaction and guests’ needs.
15. Assist the Director of Sales on special projects as assigned.
16. Maintain professional attitude and appearance in dealing with all other departments in the hotel.
17. Prepare weekly and monthly reports, as well as other duties required by the Director of Sales.
18. Follow-up on meetings being held at competitive hotels and try to secure the account for own
19. Responsible for preparing and providing the DOS with weekly sales call reports and weekly
itineraries of planned sales calls to potential customers.
20. Maintain a weekly sales quota of outside calls, all telemarketing calls and site inspections as
assigned by Regional Director of Sales and Marketing.
1. Assist kitchen personnel by plating up food for functions, if applicable.
2. Assist Banquet Department by setting rooms up according to requirements, if applicable.
Job Knowledge, Skills and other Responsibilities:
1. Able to communicate accurately and effectively in verbal and written form with guests and
associates so as to respond accurately and completely to people to give directions, instructions,
information, answer questions and provide service as required.
2. Talk and listen to clients demonstrating excellent sales skills by knowing and selling product in a
professional and courteous manner.
3. Accurately prepare plans for functions by writing clear requests for each affected department.
4. Have a basic knowledge of local and national trends regarding business.
5. Travel to local and national areas to attend seminars/functions, some of which may involve being
away from home for several days at a time.
6. Lift approximately ten (10) pounds.
7. Use basic math skills to prepare budget and compute rate and profit information.
8. Sit, stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for prolonged periods