Job Title: Sales Manager
Reports To: Director of Sales and Marketing
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an immediate opening for a Sales Manager at the INTRUST Bank Arena.
Summary: Under the general supervision of the Director of Sales and Marketing, this position oversees and coordinates all aspects of sponsorship sales and service for SMG Wichita.
• Create sponsorship sales goals and objectives. Meet and exceed projections, schedules and timelines.
• Identify and prioritize sponsorship opportunities including, but not limited to, all signage and event inventory.
• Responsible for event sponsorship sales for all SMG/INTRUST Bank Arena promoted activities inside or outside the arena.
• Contact prospective companies and individuals to initiate the sales effort. Follow-up on leads generated by outside sources.
• Schedule meetings and prepare, customize and present sponsorship sales proposals to potential sponsors.
• Negotiate and compile sales contracts and agreements.
• Conduct facility tours for prospective sponsors. Deliver requested information to potential sponsors in a timely fashion.
• Lead or assist in the negotiations of building sponsors.
• Manage and update sponsor database. Follow-up with clients regularly to assess any current or future needs. Cultivate and manage strong business relationships with current and potential sponsors.
• Prepare annual sponsorship fulfillment reports for all fulltime arena sponsors, including post-sponsorship evaluation reports for “single-event” sponsors.
• Assist in the preparation and design of sponsorship sales brochures, pamphlets, advertisements or other sales materials.
• Support and participate in business and industry-related events such as Chamber of Commerce functions and other business networking events.
• Investigate possible new sponsorship revenue sources.
• Participate in and attend industry workshops or seminars.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Exposure to and familiarity with similar facility environment
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work within a team and independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
• Demonstrate knowledge of principles, practices and terminology of sponsorship sales, advertising, marketing, sales presentation techniques, public speaking and business networking.
• Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients and employees.
• Word, Excel Outlook PowerPoint and other related standard office equipment.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, guests and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States, preferably Kansas and have a reliable mode of transportation.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
Physical Demands: This position requires personal mobility, walking, stair climbing, and ability to greet and speak with ease. Must be able to use a computer, write, type; and use phone and cell phone. Ability to drive short and possibly long distances. Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
INTRUST Bank Arena
500 E. Waterman
Wichita, KS 67202
No phone calls please
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D