Cogniance, a fast-growing Silicon Valley-based professional services software consultancy, is changing the way early-stage companies around the world turn great ideas into successful products. We act as “intelligence multiplier” to venture-funded software companies and innovation labs by putting together high-caliber teams capable of handling complex user experience, design, and technical challenges inherent in new product development. Since its founding in 2008 Cogniance has been a key driver of success of its many clients who have gone on to secure additional funding, get acquired, or go public through an IPO.
We’re looking for an energetic, execution-oriented Sales Manager, who is experienced with the newest software technology trends within the web, mobile, cloud, and embedded software domains. We expect you to be an up-to-date technology enthusiast that can empathize with the new product development challenges that software startups and innovation-driven corporations are facing. You should have experience with selling or delivering technology services, and feel passionate about working with client and internal stakeholders to shape a deal that meets the client’s needs and leverages our unique value proposition.
Sales Managers at Cogniance are expected to manage and excel in all phases of the sales cycle. You will be nurturing leads that you’ve generated from industry and networking events, and work with our leadgen team to make sure they cover verticals and segments of interest. You will identify and prioritize opportunities, and collaborate with our presales team to define and close deals. Finally, you will manage client relationships, and will work closely with project managers to ensure client satisfaction and to develop additional business.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience selling high-tech consulting services, ideally consulting background
- Experience with web, mobile, cloud, and embedded software platforms and technologies
- Proven ability to close deals and meet quota objectives (we will ask you to document this)
- “Early adopter” mindset - passionate about latest technology trends, apps, gadgets, and companies
- Exposure to the startup ecosystem, and/or product/innovation teams in established corporations
- Demonstrated capability to manage all phases of “full-cycle” sales process, from lead generation to closing deals to developing client relationships
- Highly organized with very effective time management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to guide others through complexity, ambiguity, and uncertainty
- Disarming, with high degree of empathy to the client’s needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, equally strong listening skills
- International experience and perspective
- Drive a long-term Sales Plan, as well as quarterly updates, revisions and modifications to the plan
- Own the sales funnel, ensuring that enough leads are touched at the top and managed through each stage of the funnel to become deals and repeat customers
- Spend significant portion of time in the field, developing and leveraging relationships through personal meetings, presentations, business networking, speaking engagements, or social outings
- Identify specific sales opportunities within existing and prospective clients. Work with client and Cogniance teams to determine requirements and specifications, build client value proposition, and shape and close the deal
- Engage in activities focused on generating client awareness of Cogniance and/or demand for its services
- Competitive base salary
- Commissions and bonuses based on the achievement of the sales targets
- Profit share and benefits package
- Perks such as new MacBook, attendance at top-tier industry conferences, and international travel
Cogniance has been a trusted end-to-end software contractor and technology services partner to a number of the world's most nimble and...