DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) is one of the world's leading providers of digital television entertainment services delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, unmatched programming and industry leading customer service to more than 30 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America. In the U.S., DIRECTV offers its 19.4 million customers access to more than 170 HD channels and Dolby-Digital® 5.1 theater-quality sound, access to exclusive sports programming such as NFL SUNDAY TICKET™, Emmy- award winning technology and higher customer satisfaction than the leading cable companies for eleven years running. DIRECTV Latin America, through its subsidiaries and affiliated companies in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia, and other Latin American countries, leads the pay-TV category in technology, programming and service, delivering an unrivaled digital television experience to more than 10.6 million customers. DIRECTV sports and entertainment properties include three Regional Sports Networks (Northwest, Rocky Mountain and Pittsburgh) as well as a 60 percent interest in Game Show Network. For the most up-to-date information on DIRECTV, please visit
Our Sales and Marketing Operations Team is seeking a Project Manager to join us in our El Segundo, CA offices.
The Project Manager will focus on the development, execution, tracking and maintenance of the acquisition offers library. The position will be accountable for conducting business process reviews, workflow discussions, systems analysis, testing, tracking, and reporting in addition to being the overall subject matter expert for our acquisition offers. The project manager is expected to work independently; activities will include working with cross-functional groups (e.g., Sales Operations, IT, Retail Operations, Finance, Marketing, etc.) to identify solutions and enhancements for program operations, documenting the associated requirements, policies and system requirements accordingly.
- Lead project teams in the development and implementation of multiple cross-functional company projects
- Evaluate business unit decisions to ensure they are in the best interest of customers and the company, identify issues, develop alternative solutions and/or escalate as necessary
- Develop and maintain standard project documentation such as project plans, agendas, action items lists, business rules/requirements, process flows, test cases, etc.
- Prepare launch go/no go checklists, develop detailed business requirements, review technical requirements, and create contingency plans
- Create and distribute ongoing reporting and analytics regarding offers usage
- Monitor offers usage to ensure appropriate usage
- Facilitate meetings and provide accurate and timely updates to management and impacted cross-functional departments
- Perform and coordinate user acceptance testing (UAT) with internal business partners and external partners, manage issue and resolution for project related defects and production issues
- Identify existing and potential problems in current systems and processes and develop the appropriate solution proposals
- Provide project updates to Senior Management
- Occasional travel
- Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years relevant experience (large-scale, multi-disciplinary project management, sales operations, etc.) required
- Ability to effectively operate within a diverse environment and with cross-functional groups
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, including a qualitative and quantitative skill-set
- Leadership qualities, including meeting facilitation, time management, organization and ability to influence
- Demonstrated success in managing large and small teams alike
- Demonstrated aptitude for analyzing complex issues and developing the appropriate solutions
- Flexibility and the ability to accommodate change
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to tailor communication to the audience in order to achieve the desired result
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Visio, Access and PowerPoint
- Experiencing in developing, analyzing and synthesizing reports, both ad hoc and recurring
Program / Product / Project Managers
DIRECTV - 9 months ago
DIRECTV takes television straight to the masses. The company operates the largest direct-to-home (DTH) digital TV service in the US, ahead o...