Energizer Personal Care is seeking a seasonal, part-time Merchandiser to work
approximately 15 hours per week.
Primary Purpose of this Position:
To work in conjunction with a full-time Territory Manager (TM) to make
merchandising and service calls on designated retail stores. These merchandising
calls are to assist the TM in achieving assigned goals in sales volume, market
share, and share of shelf. The Part Time Sales Merchandiser PTSM) must
supplement the efforts of the TM to educate, partner, and build loyalty to the
brand at multiple levels in the retail organizations serviced. The primary ways
the PTSM executes these goals is to provide merchandising services to maintain
adequate inventory levels and product organization on shelf and displays, and to
deliver basic presentations to Department Heads and Store Managers at assigned
stores. Another function of the PTSM is to provide Direct Store Delivery (DSD)
service to retail outlets in the absence of - or in conjunction with - the
full-time Territory Manager.
1. Consistently follow a daily, weekly and monthly route schedule of store
calls, whereby assigned stores are visited on a planned and sequenced basis
2. Stock shelves at store level, to ensure Banana Boat and Hawaiian Tropic
maintain proper inventory levels in permanent shelf locations, and on all
secondary displays. (25%)
3. Build, stock and maintain Banana Boat and Hawaiian Tropic rack displays (10%)
4. Ensure high-traffic locations and placements for Banana Boat and Hawaiian
Tropic displays and racks in stores, to increase product visibility and impulse
5. Search for and secure secondary product placements for Banana Boat and
Hawaiian Tropic in all stores, using tools such as clip-strips, canes, off-shelf
displays, side-kicks, endcaps, etc. (10%)
6. Visit stock rooms at each retailer to ensure all saleable Banana Boat and
Hawaiian Tropic product is pulled out to the selling floor as shelf and/or
7. Execute Territory Managers direction on coverage and special
projects/activities needing support at store level. (5%)
8. Ensure visible, in-store placement of Banana Boat and Hawaiian Tropic
premiums, such as inflatables, signs, decorations, etc. (5%)
9. Provide Direct Store Delivery service when requested by Territory Manager.
This includes selling and writing orders, and faxing them to the TM; physically
delivering or shipping product to accounts; and merchandising/maintaining proper
inventories. Inventory control is critical to minimize season-end returns. (3%)
10. Maintain administrative duties such as hourly pay record; expense reports;
sequencing; account records; tracking reports. (5%)
11. Maintain regular (min. of weekly), open communications with Territory
1. Share information with others on team to increase information, knowledge,
account penetration, volume, market share, and share timesaving ideas.
2. Enhance efficiency, time management and sales skills by following the
nine-step call procedure utilizing persuasive selling.
3. Merchandise stores using the S.L.I.M. Principles; Space, Location, Inventory,
4. Attend and assist in special events as assigned by TM, such as radio remotes,
grand store openings, in-store raffles, give-aways, etc.
5. Help with projects and promotions assigned by management.
Prior Sales experience
High school diploma
Clean driving record.
Skills and Abilities required:
Good organizational, time management and administrative skills.
Good verbal communication skills.
Good business analysis skills in order to identify sales trends, prioritize
tasks and objectives, and solve day-to-day problems that are encountered.
Physically able to work long hours merchandising.
Physical ability to drive short and/or long distances (depending on geographic
size of territory).
Repetitive lifting and handling of cases required.
Energizer Personal Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
Need Technical Help? Please call the Career Center Help Desk at 1-877-560-4084.
Powered By Kenexa Recruiter®
Job Detail (P-REM-98)
Energizer Holdings keeps going, and going...and leading the battery market in the process. Known for its pink bunny marketing icon,...