The primary responsibility of the Sales Operations Manager is to provide leadership and direction to a team of 10-15 Inside Sales Account Executives, always keeping in mind and conveying the values of Schneider National, Inc. |
- Lead, coach and mentor assigned Sales Account Executives (SAEs); create and foster a high performance culture.
- Provide focus and direction for the following key factors: loads per day, revenue, gross margin, number of new customers, call volume and other key factors as appropriate.
- Actively participate in problem resolution with the SAE (after the SAE has attempted to solve).
- Conduct performance management processes with team members to include one-on-ones, performance appraisals, associate development and ongoing feedback. Using proper interaction skills, address associate performance issues.
- Facilitate the development of appropriate actions to improve team and individual performance with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Provide and share perspective on the overall business and results with associates. Give clarity and focus to your team on what is important.
- Be available to your SAEs as a resource in their day-to-day management to help facilitate positive results.
- Provide training support on operational or other directed training.
- Participate in the selection process when hiring associates
- Foster the STM culture throughout the office by being a positive role model for team; demonstrate and reinforce core values and cultural pillars.
- Keep abreast of industry information.
- Travel as required (minimal).
Desired Skills & Experience
What makes Schneider Logistics a great place to have a career?
- Bachelor’s degree in business preferred
- Three years of successful sales experience in transportation industry
- Proven leadership experience.
- Possess high levels of energy and initiative; strong work ethic. Self starter and motivated to achieve.
- High stress tolerance and ability to adapt and lead in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Must be a team player.
- Strong oral communication skills – face to face and over the phone.
- Excellent problem analysis skills - able to understand and meet customer needs (internal and external).
- Possess good judgment and sensitivity.
- Able to plan and organize well.
- Self-managed ability to perform job requirements with minimal supervision.
- Able to work an extended schedule including weekend activities as necessary.
- Competitive Base Salary and bonus structure
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, disability and life insurance coverage
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Flex Time
- 401K with Company Match
- High Energy, Competitive, Team Atmosphere
- Professional, on- going Training
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in the...