Sales Operations Manager(Job Number: 145457)
Kelley Blue Book (KBB)
The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that the operational needs of the sales department are clearly identified, prioritized, and supported. This role supports the sales team through a variety of functions, including executing on business process optimizations, maintaining sales resources, supporting the tracking and reporting of sales activities, and representing the sales team in interactions with internal business partners. He/she will possess a track record of effective cross-functional collaboration and drive for continuous improvement.
- Define, maintain, and optimize business processes that create efficiencies for the sales team, protect selling activities, and support sales best practices, business strategies and objectives.
- Represent Sales in cross-functional collaboration with Product, Ad Marketing, Market Intelligence, Analytics, Accounting, Finance, Ad Operations, etc.
- Maintain and document sales policies, leveraging input from key stakeholders.
- Manage sales goal and allocation data and collaborate with Sales, Accounting, and Finance on the execution of changes.
- Support the implementation & tracking of sales team incentives and bonuses.
- Partner with Finance, Accounting, and Account Management to ensure sales pipeline reporting is provided in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate sales team communications and collect/maintain sales reference materials/documentation from across the organization.
- Support the development of sales team training and personal development plans in collaboration with HR, including creating training materials and curriculum requirements, facilitating training deployment, and ensuring training adoption.
- Support the implementation of systems and system changes as they impact the Sales team (CRM/Order Management/Yield Management technology & tools).
- Provide limited supervision to others through motivation, direction, review and feedback of assigned tasks.
- Occasional overnight travel (up to 15%) by land and/or air.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Experience working with multiple decision makers and clients and proven ability to work cross-functionally across teams.
· Well-developed verbal/written communication, interpersonal, negotiation, problem solving, and time management skills.
· Experience designing and implementing processes and/or policies, measuring their performance, and optimizing as needed.
· Self-motivated and proactive in all areas of responsibility.
· Solid understanding of digital media industry.
· Ability to multi task in varying areas of expertise.
· Customer-focused attitude and philosophy.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Proficiency with Business Support Software applications such as MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) as well as Business Modeling Tools (e.g., Visio).
- Strong Excel skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Non-essential skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Experience with online advertising systems (including DoubleClick for Publishers, Operative.One, and Yieldex) preferred.
- Project management experience/certification preferred.
- Automotive experience desired.
- Advertising Agency experience desired.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
AutoTrader Group is Americas largest digital marketplace providing marketing and software solutions to consumers and dealers throughout the U.S. Our mission is to dramatically improve the way people buy and sell new and used cars. Our Digital and Software Solutions businesses have transformed the retail automotive industry, by reducing friction between dealers and consumers and providing them each with tools to transact with ease, confidence and efficiency. Through AutoTrader.com and Kelley Blue Book, we provide over 26 million in-market car shoppers each month with the largest selection of online car listings and trusted content to meet consumer needs at all stages of the car buying process. AutoTrader Groups software solutions business is comprised of AIS Rebates, Haystak Digital Marketing, HomeNet Automotive, vAuto and VinSolutions.
Organization: AutoTrader Group
Primary Location: US-CA-Irvine-195 Technology Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
AutoTrader.com, Inc. - 8 months ago
Our mission at AutoTrader.com is to be your ultimate online solution for buying and selling new, certified and used cars. Our site is...