The Sales QA Analyst role requires high attention to detail and organization. This individual will spend 60% of his/her time in the field observing and monitoring our vendor D2D sales agents. This role will be responsible for training our vendors how to train their agents. The Sales QA Analyst will also be expected to coach the vendor agents when needed and interact with Green Mountain Energy Company customers over the phone.
- Audit D2D sales process for adherence to regulatory, messaging, dress, and documentation standards. Audits to be conducted on required documents, in the field sales presentations and customer follow up telephone calls.
- Sample and audit customer Sales Agreements for accuracy, completeness and adherence to company and regulatory requirements.
- Document and report quality statistics.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance Manager and Sales Manager to streamline processes and ensure consistent messaging to all customers that is in line with company mission and in compliance with all legal stipulations.
- Perform site visits and assessments (some extended travel required).
- Assist with customer complaint response and additional QA efforts as determined/directed.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with D2D vendors, Green Mountain Energy Company management and sales support functions
- Ensures maximum effectiveness of sales force by implementing and reinforcing training programs.
- Deliver and/or arrange with outsource vendor personnel to ensure that new-hire, recurrent, and new process implementation training is delivered to all Sales Agents in a timely manner.
- Maintain a master resource for all Sales Agent training materials and update as needed.
We are seeking local candidates with a stable work history and a GREAT ATTITUDE!
- 2 years of experience in QA environment, outside sales, retention, and/or customer care activity and training is desired
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a sales environment
- Bilingual – Spanish Preferred
- Ability to work independently with little direction, set goals, multitask, and prioritize competing responsibilities.
- Ability to confidently and comfortably present information to a variety of levels within the organization including upper management.
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software products required.
- Experience developing and analyzing reports is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related area preferred.
Please respond if you think you have what it takes to be a Sales QA Analyst. For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to us at: bestjobs@GreenMountain.com. The subject field of your email must include the job code 0614-145R. Please submit the document in PC compatible Word or rich text file.