Sales-Regional Mgr- Orlando, FL
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 5,000 people and offers products to customers in over 100 countries.
As a member of the sales leadership team, help establish the strategic sales direction and provide feedback to ensure implementation and achievement of business commitments for revenues, gross margin, operating expenses and customer service. Drive sales growth and foster customer loyalty to IDEXX product and service offerings.
Develop and manage field sales representatives through excellent recruiting, performance management, and ongoing coaching and training.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals, within an expense budget.
- Lead regional team’s efforts to leverage other sales channels to maximize sales and customer service franchise objectives.
- Retain and enhance IDEXX’s customer franchise by fostering great customer interactions by field representatives, through value-added education, service and support.
Facilitate great customer service through other IDEXX service representatives.
- Deliver timely feedback to sales, marketing and product development organization on progress, milestones, new ideas and roadblocks to achieve sales goals
- Work with management team to develop goals and compensation system that is aligned with the business objectives, consistent with market, and simple to understand and measure.
- Supervise, coach and motivate sales direct reports to maximize sales effectiveness and territory potential.
- Build a sales team culture that fosters cooperation, best practice sharing, sales innovation and strong individual commitment to sales excellence.
- Maintain development plans for each individual to set clear career expectations.
- Through above actions minimize voluntary turnover and maximize retention and career progression of high-performing representatives.
- Recruit and hire, with support of sales management and human resources, highly talented and motivated individuals with required current and future potential to support IDEXX’s growth
- Develop and support sales processes to improve productivity and ensure that goals are met.
- Implement and improve training, coaching, and use of sales force automation tools to continuously enhance the sales productivity, while building and maintaining IDEXX’s customer and account database.
- Analyze the characteristics and trends of the local market and help define customer needs for new or modified products and services.
- Work with customer and product marketing and other functions to support advancements in strategic direction, new product definition and sales programs, product positioning, promotional initiatives, and sales force automation tools.
- Support regional team’s efforts to leverage sales through distribution channel for the region. This would include call blitzes, regional distribution meetings and interaction with distribution regional managers and field representatives to maximize sales and customer service.
- Assist with coordination and implementation of regional
trade shows, and seminars
- Direct responsibility for revenue growth of select large strategic accounts (SPA)
- Be the primary driver of promoting and assisting Cross LOB deals such as Digital Radiography and IDEXX Computer Systems to ensure that the integrated practice message is a major focus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Undergraduate degree with studies in scientific area preferred.
3-5 years of sales experience (preferably in biotechnology, healthcare, or diagnostics environment), plus 2-5 years of relevant business/leadership experience preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
At least 50% overnight travel.
- Demonstrated track record of outstanding sales achievement over several years in high technology or medically related products.
- Successful sales management of complex product and service line.
- Ability to work collaboratively in matrix environment.
- Performance management skills, including coaching, feedback and individual professional development to enhance sales performance and customer franchise.
- Financial acumen; ability to assess and evaluate implications of quarterly/annual goals attainment, pricing, programs, equipment financing and customer financial needs.
- Technical aptitude, including the medical field and life science
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer software including word processing, spreadsheets and sales automation systems.
- Demonstrated written and presentation skills
- Maturity, flexibility and responsiveness to employee/subordinate needs or concerns.
- Integrity, keeping commitments to employees, customers.
- Drive, initiative and passion for business excellence
No unsolicited Employment Agency resumes are accepted.
CAG Sales - US Central - 30000008
Apr 8, 2013, 3:39:49 PM
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDXX) is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a...