Veolia Environmental Services North America (VESNA) offers fully integrated environmental solutions to the governmental, enterprise, small business and residential sectors. Our core strength is our ability to deliver integrated services to customers who require a broad spectrum of environmental services, including the collection, treatment and recycling of hazardous and solid wastes, as well as comprehensive industrial maintenance and cleaning services.
• Responsible for leading and managing the complete negotiation and evaluation process: including, filtering opportunities through the go-no-go process, organizing sales meetings, coordinating due diligence trips, leading and coordinating internal approval meetings with management, as well as, successfully negotiating opportunities with complex terms and structure, and fully driving contract execution
• Develops new business by analyzing account potential initiating, developing, and closing sales including recommending new applications and sales strategies.
• Identifies development potential by studying current business, interviewing key customer personnel and internal personnel who have strong relationships with key customers, identifying and evaluating additional needs, analyzing opportunities.
• Initiates sales process by building relationships and qualifying potential
• Develops sales by making initial presentations, explaining products and service offerings and introducing new service lines to potential customers
• Develops sales strategies by monitoring current results, identifying core service line needs, monitoring competitive service offerings, analyzing and relaying customer reactions and trends.
• Maintains knowledge of market trends, maintains professional networks (both individuals and organizations).
• Makes recommendations for subcontractors/partnerships as needed.
• Active participant in negotiations with any potential subcontractor or partner as needed.
• Networking with in the customer base to identify and bring business proposals to Veolia.
• Represent Veolia at customer site evaluations as needed.
• Interface with other Veolia Environmental Services organizations both in and outside of North America.
• Provide start up oversight and operational support for awarded contracts.
• Maintain a working knowledge of current applicable laws and regulations.
I want to add the following items:
• Participate in regular communication of business development activity, such as customer relationship management software use, conference calls and staff meetings.
• Articulate in detail service lines to customers.
• Ensure safety measures are included in all business solutions and proper safety is practiced as an employee.
• Use a computer and software programs to conduct business including: word processing, spreadsheets and graphics/presentation software.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor or designee as named by supervisor.
1. 5-10 years of successful technical or sales experience in an industrial industry environment.
2. Desired Knowledge of the Veolia industry with regards to services, operations, and safety.
1. Demonstrated skills in planning, coordination, budget preparation, contract negotiations.
2. Effective communication skills (written, speaking, and presentation)
3. Computer literacy; experience using Microsoft Office suite a plus
4. Demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
5. Ability to pay attention to details and follow up skills
6. Able to present a confident appearance, adaptability, and self-directed.
7. Demonstrate ability to prepare and successfully implement strategic and tactical sales plans.
8. A team player able to work effectively in a culturally diverse environment.
9. Must be able to travel (sometimes overnight)
10. Able to climb, bend, reach, participate in job walk through in industrial settings (sometimes in extreme weather and temperatures).
Education - Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.