Under general supervision, market and sell VES-IS services to existing and potential customers resulting in net additional revenue to the company. Responsible for achieving budgeted sales goals, for both retained and new business, meeting budgeted EBIT targets, contributing to the revenue performance of the participating group and meeting all self-defined personal goals. The revenue, EBIT and group goals will be established by the Regional Sales Manager. These goals will be dependent on the region’s needs and opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list is intended to show ongoing primary duties. Employee may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.)
1. Successfully complete a formal 60-day orientation and field training program and pass a proficiency examination. The field training program will include, as a minimum, one month in the field working with crew supervisors to learn the various service offerings of VES-IS, one week in dispatch and three weeks in the field the Regional Project Line Managers to gain knowledge of specific product lines.
2. Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction demonstrated by an average customer satisfaction score of 85%.
3. Retains customers, resolves customer issues in a timely, accurate, and professional manner, and maintains an accounts receivable rating of less than 5% of outstanding receivables older than 60 days and nothing over 90 days.
4. Work with Regional Sales Manager to resolve unique customer issues or concerns.
5. Participate in weekly communications initiatives such as, conference calls and staff meetings.
6. Maintain proper and applicable level of safety training.
7. Work closely with National Account Managers.
8. Pursue, develop and maintain a credible knowledge level of all VES-IS service lines.
9. Pursue, develop and maintain a credible knowledge level of all industries served in the respective region.
10. Work closely with Regional Sales Manager and local operations staff to enhance technical knowledge of customer needs.
11. Maintain basic computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and graphic presentations.
12. Participate in Sales Presentation Skills training and other types of applicable training necessary to developing effective sales and presentation skills.
13. Prompt submission of accurate, complete weekly time sheets to supervisor.
14. Participate in a self-defined continuing education program focused on increasing individual skills set as related to sales, marketing, issue resolution, and customer trend definition, analysis and response and other career-enhancing learning programs.
Associates Degree required, bachelors preferred.
• 0 - 5 years or more of technical or sales experience.
• Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheets and graphics programs.
Veolia Environmental Services - 23 months ago