We have a Sales Representative position open in (insert city, state name here).
Proactively prospects and sells permanent commercial and industrial waste services in an assigned territory.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Identifies leads, manages prospects and acquires new, profitable commercial and industrial business.
- Completes consistently scheduled phone blocks and cold call prospecting activities to establish first and follow up appointments with customer decision makers.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations and follows up with key decision makers.
- Utilizes the company’s Contact Relationship Management tool on a daily basis, scheduling and documenting all activities, and developing robust information profiles on prospective customers to facilitate acquisition of new customers.
- Regularly meets with Sales Manager to review weekly sales activities, progress versus goals, and status of key prospective customers.
- Completes required Customer Service Agreements, reports and other paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
- Develops and maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and responds accordingly.
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business and pricing structures within an assigned area.
- Builds relationships and increases Company visibility through participation in Company-sponsored activities, trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other similar activities.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should click on "Apply Now". Be sure to reference JOB ID: # and position title in subject line.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Knowledge of general business practices as normally obtained through completion of Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field, or equivalent experience in a customer facing role.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field.
- One year of experience in a customer-facing sales role (business to business).
- Waste or transportation industry experience.
REPRESENTATIVE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND/OR SOFTWARE USED:
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
- Office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
- MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Company information application systems including InfoPro and Contact Relationship Management system.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Generally performs work in an office environment.
- On a frequent basis, visits off-site locations to call on prospects as described.
- May be required to conduct off-site visits in locations where dust and odors may be presented by waste materials.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Republic Services - 10 months ago