Job is located in Yorktown, VA.
We have a Sales Representative position open in Yorktown, VA.
Proactively prospects and sells permanent commercial and industrial waste services in an assigned territory.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Identifies leads, manages prospects and acquires new, profitable commercial and industrial business.
- Completes consistently scheduled phone blocks and cold call prospecting activities to establish first and follow up appointments with customer decision makers.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations and follows up with key decision makers.
- Utilizes the company’s Contact Relationship Management tool on a daily basis, scheduling and documenting all activities, and developing robust information profiles on prospective customers to facilitate acquisition of new customers.
- Regularly meets with Sales Manager to review weekly sales activities, progress versus goals, and status of key prospective customers.
- Completes required Customer Service Agreements, reports and other paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
- Develops and maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and responds accordingly.
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business and pricing structures within an assigned area.
- Builds relationships and increases Company visibility through participation in Company-sponsored activities, trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other similar activities.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should click on "Apply Now". Be sure to reference JOB ID: #4957 and position title in subject line.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Knowledge of general business practices as normally obtained through completion of Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field, or equivalent experience in a customer facing role.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field.
- One year of experience in a customer-facing sales role (business to business).
- Waste or transportation industry experience.
REPRESENTATIVE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND/OR SOFTWARE USED:
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
- Office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
- MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Company information application systems including InfoPro and Contact Relationship Management system.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Generally performs work in an office environment.
- On a frequent basis, visits off-site locations to call on prospects as described.
- May be required to conduct off-site visits in locations where dust and odors may be presented by waste materials.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Our Company Today:
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and waste services. Through its subsidiaries,...