This is a professional sales position within the telecommunications industry selling BSS/OSS, Billing solutions, Managed Services and Business Process Outsourcing to the Larger tier 3 ILEC, Tier 2 Carriers, CLECs and cable operators. Personal contacts are mainly with CEO, General Managers, Business Managers and other members of ILEC and Cooperative organizations or C-Level Executives at the Tier 2 Carriers, CLECs and cable operators.
Responsible for researching, identifying prospects, prospecting, and the sale of BSS and OSS Solutions, products, and services for the tier 3 ILEC and Cooperative market, Tier 2 Carriers, CLECs and cable operators. Incumbent will successfully meet or exceed business unit goals while maintaining quality standards, controlling expenses, and following company and business unit directives and practices.
This position will be responsible for selling the software solution as a License or as a SaaS (Software as a Service) solution or Cloud Based Solution and selling long-term large outsourcing offerings. Preferred experience would include selling complex software solutions (preferable BSS/OSS), managed services, bill print, usage processing, and other billing related managed services, managed NOC Services, Customer Service Centers, and IT Managed Services. Ideal candidate will also be experienced in selling to and have relationships with the targeted Communications Service Providers.
Plan, direct, and control the sales process within region. Responsible for planning, organizing, and carrying out sales calls to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
Meet with decision-maker and conduct sales presentations to develop rapport and recommend CHR Solutions.
Turning marketing qualified leads into sales qualified leads into closed deals
Responsible for prospecting, presenting and closing new annual Enterprise license or SaaS agreements
Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual revenue objectives within assigned sales territory
Develop and maintain sales pipeline sufficient to meet revenue objectives
Provide timely and accurate management reports including forecasts and record all activity
Manage all aspects of the sales cycle including qualification of opportunities, development of a sales strategy, and coordination of all sales team resources, final negotiation and closing of business.
Leveraging partners and existing customers in territory to support sales efforts
Travel required (50% to 75%) To customer sites by car or plane.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted.
- Sales principles and practices training preferred.
- Miller Heiman sales process training a plus.
- 5-10 years' experience in frontline business-to-business sales
- Proven ability to meet and exceed a sales quota consistently
- Proven success in selling enterprise software/technology and professional services
- Experience in business process improvement
- A highly motivated self-started, who is detailed-oriented, a strategic thinker and possesses effective time management skills that focus on long-term success.
- Excellent verbal and written and presentation skills.
- Experience in consultative, enterprise solutions selling
- Proven track record of managing a pipeline with multiple accounts and opportunities.
- Ability to perform in an extremely high activity environment.
- Ability to effective utilize MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint)
- Reasoning/Analytical Skills - Ability to analyze problems, identify workable solutions, and select appropriate course of action. Ability to effectively use independent judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively.
- Dependability – Ability to maintain a consistent work schedule. Ability to follow directions and manage time effectively.
- Prior sales experience with following types of companies would be suitable: CSG, Amdocs, MACC, NISC, Netcracker, Comverse, Convergys, Oracle, Salesforce.com, Granite, Telcordia,