Summary/Responsibilities of this position:|
A Sales Rep will be responsible for stocking and selling products to new and existing retail customers. They order assigned products to maximize sales. Conditions, fronts, and sells products by performing the following duties. Work under immediate supervision and from detailed verbal and written instructions. Apply and develop basic skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization.
Requires some specific product knowledge depending on the Department.
- Provide outstanding customer service by answering product-related questions and helping - customers locate product
- Organize, clean, and prepare back area for incoming deliveries
- Load, unload, and moves heavy, bulky products to support in stock conditions
- Keep sales floor uncluttered and free from spills
- Stock and rotate items as needed
- Reset products and maintains shelf conditions ensuring integrity of shelf tags and signage in department
- Check shipments for out-of-date and damaged product to ensure freshness and quality of products
- Ensure that all federal, state, and company regulations and standards for product freshness, safety, refrigeration, and sanitation are met
- Maintain standards in shrink, safety, and inventory control
- Assist in merchandising the department to maximize sales
- Use suggestive selling techniques to maximize sales
- Knowledge of department product, food preparation, and equipment used preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of specialty food products and food preparation essential.
- Sincere interest in customer service essential
- Passion for food
- Materials handling equipment certification
- Ability to work flexible schedules (Days, evenings, weekends & holidays)
- Ability to regularly stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, and talk and hear
- Ability to occasionally lift and / or move up to 100lbs
- Must be able to frequently reach with hands and arms
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Reading, writing, and mathematical skills
- Value diversity
- Typically requires 0-2 years experience
Central Market - 9 months ago