- Must be detail oriented, organized, self motivated, dedicated to customer service
- Able to successfully work independently in the field.
- Must have strong work ethic and flexibility as well as effective communication skills;
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and Outlook.
- Use of personal vehicle and early morning start time is required.
- Ideal candidate will have 2-3 years prior Grocery Sales and/or Merchandising experience.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must have valid drivers license and proof of car insurance
- Must be meeting expectations in current position.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following
- Order, stock, and merchandise product into all stores on a designated route.
- Monitor their territory and communicate findings as it relates to spoils, independent account payments, sales increases/decreases, pricing, unauthorized items, rejections in receiving and ordering, and new sales opportunities.
- Provide support for special sales programs and commitments such as the Food Show, Seasonal Bakery, Fly-In (Imports) and Special Order Items.
- Increase sales through Independent Business which requires in-depth product knowledge, effective cold calling techniques, and successful interaction between the customer and the credit department
- Attend all sales related appointments such as Monthly District Meetings, Company Sales Meetings, Product Training, and Store functions.
- Follow through on survey requirements, new item cut-ins, and recalled products.
DPI Specialty Foods Inc - 9 months ago