The Sales Representative will be responsible for selling waste and recycling products to businesses and Industrial establishments.
· Managing existing client base in an assigned territory
· Assist current customers with increases / decreases in service and offer solutions to specific problems incurred, i.e. conflict resolution and problem solving
· They will learn the ins and outs of all paperwork needed to facilitate new sales and changes in current accounts. Also become familiar with CIS system used in everyday business applications and develop proposals and reports to management
· Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, internet web sites, and other sources
· Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone
· Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features
· Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained
· Attends trade shows and events
· Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries
· Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts
· Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database
· Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date
· Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
· Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s production and delivery schedules.
· 3-5 years previous outbound sales experience
· High attention to detail and accuracy
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently, but also a team player
· Microsoft 2003-2007 experience
· Knowledge of the Salesforce contact management system
· AS400 or Ipak experience preferred
· The ability to multi-task in a changing, fast-paced and dynamic environment coupled with the ability to be a self starter and work on many projects at once
· All employees MUST assist in the safe operation of the company, including drivers, helpers, shop employees and all management staff
Associate’s Degree or equivalent from two-year college in Business, Communications, Advertising, Marketing or related area of study. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
The work environment is an office setting and a shop setting; phones ringing, people meeting, employees checking in and out.
The physical demands are the ability to lift 20 lbs for filing, sitting for long periods of time, speaking on the phone, using fingers for writing and typing.
Deffenbaugh Industries, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug/alcohol free work environment
Deffenbaugh Industries - 14 months ago