21st Century Insurance, a member of the Farmers Insurance Group of companies, is recruiting for Sales Representatives in our Wilmington, DE Call Center Sales Department.
- Receive incoming calls from potential customers - no cold calling!
- Answer customer inquiries regarding coverage levels and inform them of policy enhancements to ensure that the customer can select the most appropriate coverage.
- Provide insurance quotes and information in a courteous and professional manner.
- Training start date: October 22, 2012
- Paid training is 7 weeks - Monday through Friday - 8am to 5pm
- Work schedule after training: Non-traditional work schedule including Saturday
- Base salary plus opportunity to earn incentive based on exceeding monthly sales goals
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Sales Representatives gather required data from potential customers to generate accurate quotes and ultimately bind the business.
- Meet all sales performance objectives in accordance with company risk selection criteria and sound ethical sales methods and procedures.
- Maintain current personal lines license education and training requirements and knowledge of company products, underwriting standards and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Personal Lines license is a condition of this position and part of the training program.
- Position requires the successful completion of a pre-employment typing test of 25 wpm and successful completion of a workplace skills assessment. Both of these pre-employment tests will determine continuation of the interview process.
- Previous sales experience required.
- Previous call center experience is preferred.
- Previous insurance experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of various state underwriting, operational, compliance and motor vehicle reports is helpful.
- Proficient knowledge of personal lines products is helpful.
Besides some sedentary work, job duties require some or all of the following physical activities: Standing, carrying/lifting up to 10 pounds, seeing and hearing, walking, reaching, pushing and pulling, and speaking, reading, and writing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High School Diploma and college-level courses (Associates Degree preferred) or equivalent knowledge acquired through work experience and training.
1-2 years in a sales/customer service and/or call center environment.
Special Skills Requirements
- Ability to excel in a structured work environment.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- PC and software skills.
farmers - 8 months ago
CCOF (California Certified Organic Farmers), a nonprofit organization, was founded in 1973 and is one of the nation's oldest and largest thi...