The sales territory includes Memphis, Western TN, Jonesboro AR and Northern MS. It is preferred that the candidate be located in the Greater Memphis Area. Must have medical sales or solid business to business sales experience. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Presents and sells Merit products to new and existing accounts and follows up with these customers to confirm that products delivered meet their needs. Makes in-service presentations to clinicians, explaining new products and their use. Maintains close relationships with clients to ensure that their needs are understood and met. Coordinates with Merit marketing and sales staff to ensure that products are delivered on time, to stay informed about new products, and to provide customer feedback about product innovation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
Establishes and maintains close relationships with new clients and existing accounts by:
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Meeting regularly with clients and potential customers and accounts to present and demonstrate Merit products and to explain their benefits.
- Preparing customized drawings for clients needing custom kits or manifolds.
- Preparing and submitting pricing contracts to clients for products.
- Following up with clients to identify opportunities to increase sales volume and profitability.
- Resolving problems with clients regarding manufacturing or delivery problems, if they occur.
- Coordinates with other Merit marketing and sales staff to ensure that the right products are shipped to customers on a timely basis and in the amount required, to stay informed about new products provided by Merit, and to provide feedback from customers about product needs and possible innovations.
- Prepares a monthly report summarizing monthly sales results achieved, contacts made, needs for change in products and suggestions for improvement in Merit's procedures.
- Participates in a variety of sales training and planning meetings to learn about new products and marketing promotions, and to share information about sales goals.
- Sets and achieves personal performance goals for sales volume, new contacts made, new client sales and other related sales results achieved.
- Education and experience equivalent to a related Bachelor's Degree.
- A minimum of two to four years of direct sales experience in selling medical device products or strong documented achievements in business to business sales.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and to understand the needs of others in a sales relationship.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to travel 30 - 40% and work long hours to achieve goals, as required.
- Excellent driving record with no driving accidents in the past three years or no more than one driving ticket in the last three years.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
Please submit an application along with your resume on our website under the “Careers” tab in order to be considered.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. , an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos and Kent W. Stanger, Chief Financial Officer. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
Founded in 1987, Merit Medical Systems, Inc. is a worldwide company engaged in the development, manufacture and distribution of proprietary...