Norandex Building Material Distribution is one of the largest wholesale distributors of exterior building products in the U.S., part of Saint-Gobain. We sell products like vinyl siding, windows, doors and roofing to remodeling contractors and new home builders. We are looking for hard working people to join our team and be part of something great!
Other products may also be sold, depending on the needs of local markets, including such things as carpeting, power tools & metal forming machines. This position reports to the Branch Manager & is responsible for selling siding, windows, & other building products to remodeling & new-home contractors in the South Richmond, VA market.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Physical Requirements
- Fully participate in all aspects of company Action Selling program.
- Represent the company's product lines by calling on existing accts & seeking to establish new accts of builders, remodelers, architects, exporters & contractors.
- Explain products features, systems, construction, pricing & installation.
- Provide sound customer service by following up after sale to assure customer satisfaction on prod quality, delivery, & installation.
- Prepare customer quotes using predetermined guidelines on pricing.
- Conduct market research to determine trends in construction, competitor's products, & code requirements.
- Communicate results to location mgr.
- Assist builders by training them on calc of window openings for different construction techniques. Assist measuring/estimating quantity of siding & soffit required for a particular product.
- Maintain awareness of building code requirements on our products & advise customers accordingly.
- Evaluate field claims on product defects or installation & resolve.
- Assist office staff on resolving billing & credit disputes with the sales rep's customers.
- Represent the company's products/services at home shows & industry expos.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and be able to go into a customer s place of business or job site. This will occasionally require traversing uneven terrain typical of a construction site.
- Must be able to pick up and carry sample products of moderate weight in order to demonstrate the product s features to the customer.
Our company offers competitive wages and a generous benefit package that includes paid vacation and holidays, medical/dental/life insurance, 401(k) with company match and bonus eligibility.
- One to three years of direct sales experience, preferably someone experienced in interior and/or exterior building products industry.
- Must be able to demonstrate mastery of Action Selling skills through testing after participating in the appropriate Action Selling modules. Travel 0-5%
Norandex is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
If you build it, Saint-Gobain Corporation will probably be involved. The holding company oversees the North American operations of French...