PSI’s Dallas office has an immediate opening for a Sales Representative to assist our team in building PSI to be the premier Geotechnical, Environmental and Construction Materials Engineering Company in Texas. The successful candidate will be a highly personable, ambitious, aggressive, self-starter who possess effective time management skills and who enjoy working independently and as part of a team.
The position’s responsibilities include:
• The position will involve spending 70+ percent of the time face-to-face with the targeted Clients. This is not an office or tele-marketing position.
• Prospecting for new business is an important part of your responsibility. At the same time, you will be building long term relationships with our existing clients, securing proposal opportunities and following-up project leads.
• Develop project leads through consistent and close communication with past and current Clients.
• Network with existing Client contacts to expand the current Client base through referrals, etc.
• Research potential Clients to determine PSI service lines needed, the decision-makers within said firms, and establish initial and follow-up contacts with identified personnel.
• Identify & pursue large-scale project leads. This will require maintaining searches from electronic and published media.
• Attend technical & professional trade/society association meetings to maximize PSI’s exposure to the targeted clients/industries.
To be effective in the position from the onset, the following traits and/or skills are required:
• This position requires a professional that has 8+ years’ direct sales experience in the civil engineering or heavy civil/construction market (preferably in the Dallas market).
• The ability to make cold calls and develop new client relationships.
• The position requires someone that enjoys developing close, personal relationships with their Clients. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal, persuasive, and communicative skills are essential.
• Familiarity with civil engineering services and/or the construction industry is required.
• Position reports directly to the regional vice president and minimal supervision should be expected after orientation. Therefore, self-motivated, organized, and driven personalities will be the ones most likely to succeed.
PSI is a Drug-Free Workplace. As a condition of employment, new hires and rehires are required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test and driver’s license evaluation. Following proper safety guidelines is part of what makes PSI’s operation successful and part of your responsibility is to ensure that all employees are following PSI’s established safety policies and procedures.
Position is bonus eligible. PSI offers a competitive wage, annual bonus and excellent benefits package.
PSI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Professional Service Industries, Inc. - 9 months ago