Summary: Responsible for prospecting, identifying opportunities, building new business relationships and generating revenue for online and print products to include display, classified, and print advertising inserts for the standard newspaper as well as special publications.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Grow existing accounts and acquire new clients
- Maintaining sales activity through CRM
- Maintaining and adhering to established production deadlines
- Attending trade shows, fairs, chamber of commerce events, and other local business networking opportunities
- Negotiate ad rates and structure contracts to meet the long term goals of the publication
- Take an active role in the design of special publication to meet the current needs of the local business community
- Conducting face-to-face client meetings
- Perform daily account management duties
- Work with other newspaper staff to ensure customer’s expectations are being exceeded
- Conduct sales activity with high degree of integrity adhering to company policy
- Other special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform he essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of a media sales background
- Experience in newspaper publishing is preferred
- Website and social media background a plus
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees or the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, or percentages.
To solve problems and deal with a variety of complex client issue while delivering consistently excellent customer service.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Keyboarding is required. The employee is required to talk and must be able to read documents in both electronic and hard copy. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate consisting of usual business office sounds including but not limited to computers, printers, telephones, and light foot traffic. The work environment for external sales calls will vary based on location. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with a “hunter” mentality
- Ability to build relationship with a variety of personality types
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Plan, organize, and schedule workload effectively
- Ability and willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Ability to apply technology to solve problems and improve processes
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and desire to succeed
Realty In Motion and its affiliated companies - 10 months ago