Responsible for all sales activities in an assigned Houston, Texas territory from lead generation through sales close. Develops and implements agreed upon Market Action Plan which will meet targeted business goals of expanding customer base in the marketing area. Works within the sales and support teams to achieve revenue generation, customer satisfaction and long-term account goals; aligning with company vision and values.
- Responsible for the sales of Root Candles products tailored exclusively to the church and liturgical industry.
- Develops annual business plan in conjunction with National Sales Manager, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the Sales Representative on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry on a business conversation with Church leadership and decision makers.
- Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and customers of the various solutions that Root Candles Company offers to the benefit of the customer.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling, direct mail, email, and networking.
- Assists in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects needs and the Root Candles products and solutions to resolve those needs.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of Client Satisfaction.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on customer service, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in outside sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, marketing, or related field.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Experience with the Catholic church and liturgical field (preferred)
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge with using Microsoft Office Suite and CRM tools.
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
About Root Candles:
Since 1869, Root Candles of Medina, Ohio, has been an industry-leading, family-owned company renowned for innovative ideas, aesthetic enhancements and the highest standards of quality. Now in its fifth generation, the Root family continues to extol the virtues of honesty, integrity, and diligent craftsmanship. These qualities were exemplified by Root Candles founding father and American original, Amos Ives Root. His tradition of excellence, along with a genuine commitment to customer satisfaction and service, defines and fuels Root’s strong brand loyalty today.
Today, Root Candles can confidently lay claim to making "The Best Candles in America, Made in America Since 1869."
Indeed - 19 months ago