The Sales Representative establishes relationships with potential new customers and enhances relationships with current customers to sell scaffolding products and services to maximize branch revenue and profitability.
Essential Duties Include:
- Generate sales leads and call on potential new and current customers to discover requirements and sell scaffolding products/services to them, consistent with branch revenue and profitability goals.
- Examine customer specifications and prepare proposals that fulfill customer requirements for the sale and/or rental and/or erection and disassembly of scaffolding systems. Coordinate engineering services relating to proposals. Perform duties related to proposal preparation, such reviewing blueprints and performing estimating.
- Present proposals to customers in a convincing manner and respond to customer questions and/or objections to secure the sale. Negotiate terms of sale to the best advantage of the company.
- Coordinate the sales, delivery, and/or erection and disassembly of scaffolding systems consistent with customer requirements and branch revenue and profitability goals.
- Provide leadership and assist in the supervision and direction of job site work crews to fulfill customer requirements and maintain job profitability. Discuss job requirements with construction job site management or other personnel to insure satisfaction of customer requirements and the safe utilization of company products and services.
- Review and administer billing activities to insure that customers are invoiced in an accurate and timely manner for all sales and/or rental of scaffolding systems and related services. Follow up with past-due accounts to secure payment for purchased products or services in a manner that insures payment but maintains the business relationship with the customer.
- Maintain documentation of sales activities and related expenses.
- Maintain awareness of competitor’s sales efforts and programs in the branch territory.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle in a safe manner while carefully observing all traffic rules and regulations.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with customers, company employees, and customer employees at job sites and give sales presentations and negotiate terms and conditions of sales to the best advantage of the company.
- Requires the ability to review and process important customer information (blueprints, plans, specifications, etc….) and prepare timely, accurate, and competitive bids for the sale and/or rental of scaffolding systems.
- Requires ability to process complex time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions based on this data, and to effectively communicate the related required actions to customers and company personnel.
- Requires knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of standard office equipment such as a calculator, telephone, computer (utilizing a variety of software packages), and facsimile machine.
Safway is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify participant.
- Requires education generally equivalent to a High School diploma. It is desirable for the incumbent to have attained additional business related education, such as an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Sales and Marketing.
- Requires 3 to 5 years of sales experience.
- It is desirable for the incumbent to have previous experience in the construction industry.
Safway Services, LLC - 12 months ago