The Sales Representative is responsible for selling K-12 products to schools, School Districts and larger urban opportunities within a defined geographic territory. The Sales Representative will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating sales opportunities for all assigned products and services within the assigned territories and accounts.
Territory: South Texas Valley
Summary of essential job functions:
• Achieving defined sales targets within assigned territory
• Maintaining high customer satisfaction levels
• Pipeline and forecast management
• Providing customer feedback internally as necessary
• Maintain and develop product and industry knowledge
• Represent company at local, state, regional and national conferences and exhibits.
• Perform administrative responsibilities; reporting, forecasting, customer database maintenance etc.
• Process all catalog and/or sample requests
• Other duties as required
School Specialty, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace.
All applicants are subject to a drug screen as a condition of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
• 4 year college degree or equivalent related education
• 4-8 years experience selling into K-12 education, which must included blended technology solutions
• Proven track record selling at the District level with strong district level relationships
• Superior interpersonal and relationship building skills with a strong customer focus
• Highly motivated and independent with a strong drive to succeed
• Strong knowledge of K-12 education market, educational software solutions and educational funding sources
• Strong forecasting skills;
• Knowledge of CRMs; Salesforce.com and asset
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills
• Ability to drive a motor vehicle is required.
• K-12 classroom experience an asset
Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills highly desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand use hands to operate computer, phone, and adding machine, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel requirement ranges from 30% to 80% of the time based on seasonality and includes regular overnight and occasional weekend trips.
Materials and Equipment Utilized
The equipment described here is representative of what the employee will expect to utilize while performing the essential functions of the position. It may include (but is not limited to): Phone, computer, fax, PDA/Blackberry.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Home office environment.
School Specialty - 19 months ago
School Specialty won't carry your books to school, but it will deliver nearly everything else. A leading distributor of school supplies...