Sells NYRA event facilities to increase group sales revenue. Develops leads and lists of potential clients through market research efforts; Contacts potential clients to initiate the selling process; Adjusting content of sales presentations by studying the client’s needs and objectives; Calling or visiting potential clients to solicit and secure a sales commitment.
- Sells NYRA event facilities to increase group sales revenue, which involves:
- Develops leads and lists of potential clients through market research efforts; Contacts potential clients to initiate the selling process; Adjusting content of sales presentations by studying the client’s needs and objectives; Calling or visiting potential clients to solicit and secure a sales commitment;
- Assisting in the development of sales collateral material, e.g. brochures, to enhance sales effectiveness; Sending brochures to targeted companies recorded on various mailing lists; Attending networking events to develop new clients; Maintaining a contact database of potential clients;
- Escorting potential clients on tours of NYRA’s facilities; Discussing options for facilities, food service, entertainment, and amenities with the client; Offering suggestions to improve the event;
- Checking calendar to determine if facilities are available; and,
- Explaining the terms of the NYRA event contract to clients.
- Hands over sold events to the designated Event Coordinator for comprehensive design and execution with the client.
- Attends events as needed to ensure its success. Communicates with the Event Coordinator to ensure that all client expectations are met with regard to food service, floral arrangements, photographs, signage, decorations, and entertainment.
- Develops client database information as a resource to secure future sales from past clients. Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as client call reports. Contacts accounts periodically to suggest, discuss, and secure commitments on future racetrack events.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Performs other duties as instructed.
- Educational Level Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum Years and Kind of Work Experience Required: At least 5 years of successful sales experience in the thoroughbred racing or sports entertainment industries.
- Other Requirements: Computer literacy, driver’s license, relocation to Saratoga in the summer months, selling skills, and ability to work the racing schedule, including holidays and weekends. Highly professional appearance and business dress standard for dealing with clients in face-to-face meetings
The New York Racing Association, Inc. - 7 months ago