Work. Live. Play. Montana
Plum Creek is the United States' largest private land owner! We're listed on the S&P 500, located in 19 states and our various business groups include professionals in forestry, real estate, land management, manufacturing, accounting, human resources, and legal. Specialty industrial customers rely on Plum Creek MDF to supply them with the highest-performance MDF. Having complete control of our raw materials and understanding of specialty applications, Plum Creek is able to build a proprietary mix of custom MDF products that meet precise customer needs, earning us the highest reputation for manufacturing excellence in the MDF industry. We utilize prime softwoods and apply leading-edge manufacturing techniques to produce MDF ideal for specialty applications.
Our offices are located in beautiful Columbia Falls, Montana. This is a beautiful place where the highest structures are still trees and wildlife still outnumbers the residents. We're located in the Flathead Valley, which stretches 60 square miles and features numerous lakes, wild and scenic rivers and adjacent peaks of Glacier National Park, and amazing powder days up at Whitefish Mountain Resort or Blacktail Ski Resort. You'll be able to build a rewarding and successful career with Plum Creek, while enjoying the low-key atmosphere of Montana that tends to make life in our tight-knit communities a happy and warm place to live and visit.
As the Sales Representative for Plum Creek's MDF business, you will be a national account manager and will play a vital role in the overall function of Plum Creek's MDF business. You'll be selling specialty products that have earned the highest reputation in the MDF industry. You will also have the opportunity to learn the business inside and out from the manufacturing process to the product mix and pricing margins. Additionally, you will play an important role in leading and developing MDF's strategic goals. This role will interact daily with long-term customers and distributors, and able to walk out on the manufacturing floor and interact with the people who make our specialty MDF.
You will collaborate with a team of five MDF sales professionals who value teamwork and open, honest communication. Additionally, you'll be part of a larger sales team representing other Plum Creek products including Plywood and Lumber. You will be continually challenged to deepen your knowledge and expertise in areas such as customer product needs, product mix, and technical manufacturing specs. Your growth will be facilitated by opportunities to drive results and to collaborate with our customers, sales team, and manufacturing.
This role will have the opportunity to:
- Manage all facets of MDF sales to accomplish strategic sales revenue goals with maximized price and margin. Includes management of product mix while working closely with mills to match capacities and fiber availability.
- Develop new customers/products and provide support for on-going customers with field travel, training and communication as part of sales team. Analyze and provide quarterly pricing, daily quotations, order changes, inquiries and claim resolution.
- Assist in analyzing overall MDF business financials, opportunities, trends, product margins, and long term strategic planning. Analyze and tactically monitor competitor activities and pricing.
- Sell value-added products to assigned existing accounts within a geographic region, as well as seek opportunities for new business. Manage relationships and programs within the customer base with proven skills to sell value.
- Monitor business and industry conditions, customer developments and competitive activities.
- Balance day-to-day product/order mix to optimize mill, shipping and inventory capabilities. Anticipates and manages variances.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding product, price, tech specs, applications, availability, mill capabilities, etc.
- Develops the highest level of customer service.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, or related discipline is strongly preferred or equivalent work experience.
Specific Skills Required:
- A minimum of seven to ten years of experience in industrial panel sales, or equivalent experience is required.
- A minimum of five years of experience specializing within MDF sales is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience with Sales and Marketing, Customer end use, or territory account management is strongly preferred.
- Self-directed with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and achieve goals in a timely fashion.
- High degree of leadership skills and expertise in building and maintaining long-term customer relationships with the ability to quickly establish and maintain rapport.
- Proven track record of successful outside sales and value creation.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Excellent spreadsheet and powerpoint skills including AS400 and MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively on teams to accomplish group objectives.
- Ability to travel up to 30% by airline to domestic and Canadian locations.
Plum Creek wants to attract and keep the best people-the team who drives our business success. That is why we offer superior performers opportunities for compensation that is in the top 25% for our marketplace. Your benefits package from Plum Creek consists of a comprehensive range of benefits including Health care coverage, Health and Dependent Daycare Funds, Life and Disability protection, Saving and Retirements benefits, Paid Time Off, Relocation, and more.
Plum Creek has a collaborative, team centric, execution oriented culture focused on delivery. Plum Creek values strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills in addition to strong technical skills. We look for motivated people interested in identifying and championing new ideas and solutions that add value. We strive to have a good balance between career and personal life.
For more information about Plum Creek, please visit our web site at: http://www.plumcreek.com/
Salary: $68,700 - $91,000
Plum Creek is an equal opportunity employer.
Plum Creek - 5 months ago
Plum Creek is one of the largest private landowners in the United States, with 6.3 million acres of timberlands and over 40 offices in 19...