Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We’re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people’s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
Gordon Food Service is the largest family-owned foodservice distributor in North America. From Michigan to Florida and British Columbia to Nova Scotia we are dedicated to providing our customers with the best available products and services.
Our Extra Board Drivers have the unique opportunity to present the Gordon Food Service image and service to our customers through their courteous, on-time, accurate deliveries.
Some of the essential functions of this position include:
- Build and maintain quality customer relationships
- Ensures safe, accurate, timely, and efficient deliveries of GFS products to our customers
- Accurately collect customer account monies at the time of delivery
- Perform proper equipment maintenance as needed
- Collaborate with management and sales representatives to communicate customer concerns and resolutions
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspection of vehicles
- Complete daily paperwork and computer data entry
What we offer our employees here at GFS:
- Track record of success in cultivating and building successful customer relationships
- You must be 21years of age or older (required)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (required)
- CDL Class A (Commercial Drivers License) certification required within 30 working days of hire date
- One year of previous driving experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is preferred
- Able to write, speak, and communicate in English (required)
- Demonstrate the ability to operate equipment in a professional & safe manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of the tractor/trailer
- Effective problem-solving, communication, and organization skills
- Ability to satisfy the DOT requirements
- Must pass a CRT test and RIAH drug screen (required)
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize a two-wheeler with a load weighing up to 350 pounds
- Some computer knowledge is preferred
Gordon Food Service. A family company with room for one more at the table!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and prescription insurance
- Short/Long-Term Disability
- Time-off Benefits
- Generous 401k matching program
- Flexible spending
- Profit Sharing
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.
Gordon Food Service - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
For more than 110 years, Gordon Food Service has been honoring our promises to our customers and our employees. As the largest family-owned...