Responsible for inside sales for Discovery Education (DE). Provide exceptional internal/external customer service. Demonstrate strong product knowledge and know how to sell in, consultatively and aggressively, the value of DE products and services and overcome sales objections.
Support national sales and marketing activities.
Support teams to achieve sales and renewal objectives.
Outreach Approach and Expectations
Handle inbound and outbound calls to prospect lists as directed by regional Directors to close sales and/or generate leads
Primary focus on prospecting, telesales, lead generation, generating proposals, closing orders.
Respond to client needs by placing calls and generating written correspondence that ensure customer satisfaction.
Size of School or System
Interactions will be focused on single schools and small districts only
Interact primarily with school Principals and Technology Administrators and some calls to senior administrators at small districts
Sales Skills & Abilities
Understand sales objectives and have an understanding of local markets where sales prospects exist.
Understand deals/rates for all DE products. Proactively seek direction/guidance/information from management that may not be clear.
Data Analysis Responsibility
Play an integral role in maintaining the accuracy of database (Sales Logix).
Track sales progress on an on-going basis.
Sales contact will be made by telephone and webinar; may travel to a small number of industry conferences each year
* Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience.
* Must have experience and comfort with professional, consultative and high volume telesales
* Attention to detail and the ability to manage a diverse workload.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
* Must demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrate a consultative “problem solving oriented” approach.
* Demonstrate ability to work independently, as well as with team members.
* Read industry trades and press.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.