Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market. Assists with the direction of a sales team and provides in-field coaching for the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Helps execute established plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for Clients and Account Executives.
- Assists Director of Sales with the performance and development of the Account Executives through joint in-field ride alongs. (4 of 5 days a week)
- Conducts one-on-one review with all Account Executives to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of Account Executive’s sales and activity performance.
- Ensures that all Account Executives meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes. Assists Account Executives in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Sets examples for Account Executives in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Conducts regular coaching and sales training with Account Executives to build motivation and selling skills.
- Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- 5-7 years of experience in outside sales.
- Strong working knowledge of one or more well-recognized sales methodology (Sandler, Achieve Global, Miller-Heiman, Dale Carnegie, Wilson Learning, etc)
- Experience managing a sales force in a B2B environment a plus
The work environment is an office setting and a shop setting; phones ringing, people meeting, employees checking in and out.
The physical demands are the ability to lift 20 lbs for filing, sitting for long periods of time, speaking on the phone, using fingers for writing and typing.
Deffenbaugh Industries, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug/alcohol free work environment
Deffenbaugh Industries - 17 months ago