Barnes Distribution is an industry leader in the distribution of maintenance, repair, operating (MRO) and production supplies. More than 100,000 products from industry leading suppliers including 3M Abrasives, Durham, Kimberly Clark, and Peerless are offered, sold and supplied by a dedicated global sales and service organization. Barnes Distribution is a business of Barnes Group Inc. (NYSE ticker B), founded in 1857 and headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut. BGI has 4,800 employees and $1 Billion in 2009 revenue.
Barnes Distribution North America has an exciting opportunity to join our Sales Support Center as a Sales Support Center Representative Level II.
In this position you will apply your knowledge of all customer service systems, procedures, customers, products, and processes to perform more complex and diverse assignments in support of the day-to-day customer service effort. You will handle internal and external customer requests as capable in an accurate and timely manner and strive to meet or exceed individual performance guidelines for all phone statistics in order to contribute to the department’s overall service level. The successful candidate will possess outstanding customer service and sales support skills and will also possess a positive, enthusiastic, and professional demeanor.
- Utilize work instructions and ISO process documentation to perform work as necessary.
- Handle internal and external customer requests as capable in an accurate and timely manner. Request assistance from internal support or supervision as needed.
- Meet or exceed individual performance guidelines for all phone statistics (not ready time, log-in/log-out, log-in duration time, call length, and % calls presented/answered, etc.) in order to contribute to the department’s overall service level.
- Report daily unprocessed work to do into database; maintain organized physical files
- Enter customer complaints as received into the ISO complaint database
- Follow departmental phone script, and participate in phone monitoring review and coaching
- Attend departmental and team meetings
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Strong telephone etiquette skills and the ability to positively interact with a variety of diverse situations and people are required.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to change, prioritize, exercise sound judgment, and maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude at all times in a professional environment is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment required
- ASI (AS400) experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor degree preferred.
- Five to ten years customer service or sales support experience required; preferably in a call center environment handling challenging calls including order inquiry, escalation, and technical related questions.
- Industry and/or distribution experience preferred.