Our Vision is to be the IT solutions provider of choice to ensure the availability of our customers’ business operations. Do you want to make a difference in one of the world's leading IT services companies? SunGard Availability Services offers careers that combine the independence of working in a small entrepreneurial environment with the depth of resources of a Fortune 500 technology company.
At SunGard Availability Services, we provide operations support to organizations that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission critical information and applications up and running. With the recent launch of our Enterprise Cloud Services, SunGard continues to invest in new technologies to stay in the foreground of technology innovations that solve business challenges.
Unlike other companies that offer individual technology services, SunGard Availability Services is focused on providing responsive and integrated disaster recovery, managed services, IT consulting and business continuity management software solutions, to help organizations keep critical technology and applications available.
At SunGard Availability Services, we know that our people are our greatest assets; we work hard to develop our employees and rely on them to make wise choices. The result is challenging and rewarding work environment that fosters growth and encourages professional development. That’s why over 3000 dedicated professionals chose SunGard Availability Services as their place of employment.
About the Position:
The Inside Sales Support Specialist provides overall assistance to the Inside and Software sales teams with particular emphasis on contract generation. This position will interface across the organization and with prospects and/or existing client accounts when required. The Sales Support Specialist will provide support to a team of five to eight sales account executives.
1. Provide overall support of sales processes with respect to navigating the SunGard contracting process. Build different types of solutions utilizing the Oracle quoting tool (Q2C) and a solid understanding of the sales forecast process utilizing salesforce.com. Basic technical knowledge of Sungard’s services is essential.
2. Effectively manage and process large transaction volumes. Prepare and/or advise on proper paperwork to be presented to the customer/prospect for proposed solution(s). Identify quoting or system issues, troubleshoot when issues occur and/or report issues appropriately for quick resolution.
3. Validate revenue recognition and commissionable values for all booked transactions through active participation in the reconciliation process. Ensure opportunity values are populated at all stages of the sales cycle with minimal variance; including generating and/or creating reports to aid in timely and accurate processing.
4. Co-ordinate and liaise with the various departments involved in the sales process including Account Executives, Legal, Contract Administration, Commissions, Product Management and Solutions Engineers.
5. Proactively and thoroughly research matters relating to account assignments, contracts, opportunities/quotes, booking transactions, and/or accounts receivables.
6. Learn and quickly apply knowledge of new programs such as new sales tools, product configurations, and or process changes.
Requirements and Preferred Requirements
· College Degree in Computer Science preferred in but will consider applicants with equivalent education and work-related experience, ideally within an IT services environment.
· Must have related 3 to 5 years sales support, customer service or administrative sales support experience.
· Experience with technology based quote configuration systems (Oracle e-business Suite and Oracle Sales) with basic knowledge of computer systems, networks and peripherals.
· Previous experience with CRM administration; salesforce.com knowledge preferred
· Previous experience generating and working with contract documents; keen attention to detail required.
· Patience with navigating through complex sales cycles and contract process; and ability to meet required deadlines.
· Ability to work with diverse personalities across the organization
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Strong internal customer service skills; ability to respond in a prompt, polite and efficient manner.
· Windows-based applications knowledge and ability (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); (Intermediate to Advanced knowledge level).
· Ability to work as a team player.
· Proficiency with keyboarding, English, grammar, and proofreading skills required.
Sungard AS - 11 months ago
SunGard Availability Services provides IT Operations support to IT departments that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission...