A profile of Sartorius Sartorius is one of the world's leading providers of laboratory and process technologies and equipment. Our innovative products and high-quality services help customers around the globe implement complex and quality-critical processes in biopharmaceutical production and laboratory environments in a time- and cost-efficient way. Our key customers are from the biotech, pharma and food industries, as well as from public research institutes and laboratories. Sartorius operates its own production facilities in Europe, Asia and America, and also has sales offices and local representatives in more than 110 countries. Strongly rooted in the scientific and research communities and closely allied with customers and technology partner, the company is dedicated to its philosophy of "Turning science into solutions" every single day.
Business success driven by diversity and strong core values Sartorius operates as a global player in dynamic markets around the world. Yet the Group has retained much of its home-grown identity – strong regional ties and a personal corporate culture that has remained strongly intact since the company’s origins as a family business. Today, more than 5,000 people work together at Sartorius worldwide. They hail from a diversity of cultures with different traditions, work styles and languages. What unites all employees at Sartorius is their strong identification with the company and the common vision, mutual goals and strategies and a common set of values they all share: Sustainability, Openness and Enjoyment.
Become part of Sartorius' growing success! Sartorius is offering an exciting and challenging opportunity as a Sales Support Specialist within our Sales Support Department. We are seeking a team member that is motivated, ambitious, and excited to partake in the growth our company. As Sales Support Specialist, the ideal candidate will be the primary point of contact for Field Sales Representatives. They will complete administrative tasks associated with their territory management responsibilities, as well as provide quality, professional, and results driven service to the Sales Team.
What you can look forward to accomplishing - Process quotes for field territory Sales Representatives within 24 hours of receipt, record in CRM, and issue quotes to customers while ensuring that all prices quoted remain within established discount guidelines.
- ETO (Engineered to Order) order set up to include order review meeting, PCF (Project Circulation Form) and all upfront prep prior to handing off to Order Processing for entry.
- Handle literature requests for Field Sales personnel.
- Coordinates Sample/FOC (Free of Charge) orders prior to hand off to Order Processing for data entry into SAP.
- Generate Sales Activity reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Work in CRM environment and update database as necessary.
- Coordinate Demo equipment as required for Customers and Sales Representatives.
- Coordinate with Sales and Supply Chain on Pipeline planning.
- Process Supplier / Bid Surveys for customers.
- Rebate and Customer agreement set up and tracking.
-Other duties as required to support the Sales Team in the Sales process.
Qualifications and Requirements - Associates Degree preferred
- At least 3 years related experience preferably including a mixture of customer service, sales support, and operations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with customers and field personnel.
- Ability to prioritize a variety of tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience with PC based communications and analysis tools including Internet, Email, MS Office.
- Familiar with CRM systems a plus.