The following position description contains representative examples of work that will be performed in positions allocated to this classification. It is not required that any position perform all of the duties listed, so long as primary responsibilities are consistent with the work as described. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions and goals, as well as to tap into the skills and talents of the individuals in the company. Accordingly, associates may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
Performs timely completion of state and local tax compliance, transactional accounting/reporting, state and local tax clearance, audit support and project assistance.
- Performs advanced reconciliation, reviews reconciliations performed by Acct I level
- Files and pays state and local sales tax returns
- Prepares journal entries
- Analyzes financial and subsidiary system transactional data
- Contributes to accounting close and ad hoc reporting
- Maintains good tax standing with state and local governments (abatements/tax clearance)
- Maintains tax records for state and local audits
- Researches, reviews and documents taxability of sales and purchases
- Assists with state and local audits
- Bachelor's degree in a business discipline, or equivalent experience
- Bachelor' degree in Accounting or Finance, preferred
- Experience in multi-state sales tax compliance is a plus; experience will be considered in lieu of degree
Bloomin' Brands, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word and Excel, required
- Requires attention to detail, ability to multi task and functional knowledge of sales and use tax applications
Outback Steakhouse - 2 years ago