Hilton Worldwide - Shared Services Center
755 Crossover Lane
This position is responsible for administrating, preparing, reviewing and analyzing sales, use and transient occupancy tax returns. Assist with research, audits and planning projects.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its ten global brands, which include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world and know how to offer an exceptional hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member.
What will I be doing?
Specifically you are responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Responsible for administrating, preparing and filing sales, use, occupancy, telephone and liquor tax returns for owned and/or managed hotels.
Analyze sales, use occupancy, telephone and liquor tax returns and notify hotel finance and property of any abnormalities.
Maintain jurisdiction files for assigned properties following state and local law.
- Responsible for the monthly review of assigned properties claimed room exemptions with the responsibility of accepting or rejecting exemptions to comply with the laws and rules of taxing jurisdictions.
- Keep accurate tax rate schedules for all assigned properties and timely notify finance and property of any changes.
Maintain a tax calendar with due dates, registration numbers, database, etc. that will ensure all returns are filed timely.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Respond to request for tax information by internal customers and taxing authorities, resolving compliance issues with taxing authorities. Interface with corporate hotel accountants and hotel location personnel.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions
- Four (4) year college degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Minimum three (3) years general ledger account experience
- Minimum one (1) year tax experience
- Minimum one (1) year working with PeopleSoft Financials or similar computerized financial systems
What benefits will I receive?
- Advanced degree (MBA or Tax) preferred
- Two (2) years sales tax experience
- One (1) year multi-state sales, use and lodging tax experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Membership in the Institute of Professionals in Taxation
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending upon eligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwide's Health & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-team team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.
Accounting and Finance and Tax
Hilton - 19 months ago
Hilton Worldwide (formerly, Hilton Hotels Corporation) is a global hospitality company. It is owned by the Blackstone Group, a private...