Sales Team Manager
The Sales Team Manager reports to the Assistant Store Manager or Store Manager and ensures the uniform execution of the Belk direction within their store.
STM Misses Moderate Sportswear and Intimate Apparel
STM Misses Better Sportswear/Juniors/Dresses
Sales & Customer Service
- Meeting or exceeding area sales goals through the training, coaching & managing of their sales staff.
- Providing training and communication of the Relentless Customer Care program and standards to the sales staff to insure that associates approach and greet customers and offer quality service.
- Motivating and coaching sales associates to meet or exceed approach rate, sales per hour, UPT and credit application goals.
- Ensure shrinkage control in their area through the continual management of associates.
Merchandising & Presentation
- Communication with Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager and BSS merchants regarding merchandise issues and needs.
- Merchandise consistently presented in store with Belk visual and merchandising standards.
- Coordinate timely floor setup for all promotional and seasonal activity.
- Proper execution of all existing systems and procedures.
- Communicate & manage associates on price integrity in area, including timely completion of permanent price changes.
Selling Team Development
- Conducting timely reviews and communicating development needs with associates. Set goals and identify areas for improvement.
- Recruiting, interviewing, selecting and retaining quality associates and ensure all positions are filled in a timely manner.
- Maintaining high store morale through efficient, timely communications of policies and other information. Follow through on all concerns or problems that develop within selling area.
- Provide effective coaching in order to improve performance of all area associates.
- Recognizing associate performance and motivating associates to improve sales and customer service.
- Developing weekly schedules that match staffing to customer traffic and sales.
Education & Experience:
- Four-year college degree.
- Experience in retail management.
- Proficient in computer business-related computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, etc).
- Excellent supervisory, analytical and reasoning skills.
- Ability to use computer keyboard, standard telephone and other related business equipment.
Reports Directly to:
Assistant Store Manager or Store Manager
TO APPLY FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW:
Step 1: Go to www.belk.com/careers, View Job Openings, Apply to a specific store location, Choose location and apply.
Step 2: Character Assessment
Step 3: Talx Form (Tax credit form)
Belk - 10 months ago
Belk is busy bulking up. Already the nation's largest privately owned department store chain, Belk now operates 300-plus stores...