The sales trainer is required to facilitate and deliver sales training programs for diverse audiences with a variety of learning styles..
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Use various instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, demonstrations, self-study, role-play exercises and meetings to facilitate learning.
2. Test trainees to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
3. Provide written and verbal assessments and progress of employees under your guidance during training periods.
4. Continue education of all sales representative's to improve and insure the further development of their skill set.
5. Be able to make spot on corrections.
6. Maintain trainee personnel records.
7. Confer with management on trainees progress.
8. Clarifies and reinforces training initiatives for front line managers and sales employees through distance learning at all Carr offices in Melville and NYC.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Ability to conduct training sessions covering specified areas such as on-the-job training to include presentations skills, tele-prospecting, prospecting, negotiating and closing skill sets, problem solving, etc.
2. Strong planning and organizational skills.
3. Strong written and verbal skills.
4. Excellent communication skills/effective presentation skills.
5. Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
6. Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
7. Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
8. Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
9. Ability to model values of the organization.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's degree, preferably in education.
2. Must possess at least 2-4 years of outside sales management experience, ideally in the technology industry and/or certified trainer.
3. Good working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and outlook.
CARR Business Systems - 17 months ago