Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction.
Orica also supplies general chemicals across a diverse range of markets, including agriculture, building and construction, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care, plastics, pulp and paper and water treatment industries.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Orica is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people from more than 130 nationalities and has operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100.
At Orica, we're committed to developing tomorrow's technologies and solving today's challenges for our customers.
Emrick and Hill, an Orica Company has been serving the Front Range for more than 50 years, providing hydraulic hoses, pneumatic valves and lubrication products to mining, manufacturing, oil and Gas and other users of industrial supplies.The Sales and Account Representative will help Emrick and Hill meet its growth and sustenance budgets through customer development and maintenance. This position serves as the front line of communication with customers, from end user to senior management, to identify customer needs and meet their expectations, including direct weekly inventory management and resupply of customer's stocks.This position is a critical, customer facing outside sales position covering the Northern one-half of the state of Colorado and produces a significant revenue stream for the company.
As a member of the Emrick and Hill team, you will be accountable for success in the following areas.Safety, Health, & Environment
- Post-secondary education (or related work experience) ideally in an industry related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in industrial sales, preferably into manufacturing plants, maintenance shops, surface and underground mining, quarry and construction operations.
- Highly tuned ability to recognize sales opportunities.
- Organizational and planning ability.
- Technical knowledge of Emrick and Hill or similar product lines (hydraulic, pneumatic, lubricants, etc.)
- Knowledge of a variety of industrial customer operation types and product requirements
- The ability to communicate with a broad spectrum of customer personnel.
- Ability to perform extensive travel throughout the state.
- Computer literate.
- Analytical and logical problem solving.
- Support company-wide Deliver the Promise Goal of Safety, Health & Environment including Product Stewardship.
- Compliance with Safety Charter and immediate reporting of any accidents, injuries or incidents with goal of no injuries or health impairments.
- Active participation regularly in safety meeting and Orica "Checkpoint" program, along with completion of Training Plans.
- Participation in audits and completion of identified corrective actions.
- Compliance with all applicable environmental and other regulations.
- Compliance with OSHA and MSHA regulations.
Creative Customer Solutions
- Meet or exceed revenue and gross margin targets
- Establish, maintain, and enhance long-term relationships with clients (internal and external).
- Prepare sales development plans and budgets
- Responsible for contract management in area including pricing, BRAD meetings, and contract renewals.
- Canvas feedback from clients on company performance.
- Active participation in budget development and forecasting
- Provide support to Customer Service technicians and outside field service personnel when needed.
- Work closely with major customers to accurately forecast demand
- Develop commercial strategy to create maximum value for customer and Emrick and Hill through implementation of product and service initiatives.
- Use SPIN (and other) selling techniques to develop detailed understanding of a customer’s needs.
- Anticipate and respond to customer’s needs, concerns, or questions in order to meet and exceed their expectations including agreement to corrective actions.
- Ensure that associated processes are executed consistently and efficiently, balancing customer satisfaction with Emrick and Hill’s best interest.
- Review customer complaints and identify trends.
- Provide assistance to others in development training.
- Interface with Management in order to provide customer and competitor feedback.
- Assist with ensuring proper scheduling of resources.
- Contribute to a positive work environment that promotes teamwork to minimize costs while providing excellent customer service.
- Success measurements include SHERMIS database statistics, regulatory audits and SH&E plans.
- Complete all required training.
- Participation in all required safety meeting
- No vehicular accidents or citations
- Revenue and margin targets
- Success measurements include: Response time, customer satisfaction and review of performance targets
- Success measurements include: Response time, backorders, customer satisfaction and review of performance targets
- Success measurement includes completion of development training.
- Positive company morale
- Customer service level maintained during vacations, absences, busy periods, etc.
Orica USA Inc. and Orica Canada Inc. are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Orica provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees. Apply online to be considered for a new career today!
- Results Oriented
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Influencing
- Customer Service
Orica USA - 17 months ago