Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
SUMMARY: Provide support and coordination of RFQ’s and bids for the Regional Sales Manager and Sales staff within a specific region. Act as liaison between Regional/Branch office, overseas offices as well as customers and operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Respond to rate requests from non YJP overseas offices within 24 hours.
· Respond to rate and service requests from YLA sales staff.
· Support Regional sales staff with existing account management.
· Obtain ocean and air carrier rates and respond to rate and service requests to support sales staff.
· Coordinate the operations staff to meet customer expectations after proposals and rates have been accepted.
· Coordinate communication with the customer including invoicing of shipments when completed.
· Develop and maintain relationships with local ocean and air carrier contacts.
· Assist in securing favorable spot pricing from ocean and air carriers as needed to support the sales effort.
· Pursue new service provides i.e. truckers, air and ocean consolidators to increase Yusen’s ability to offer competitive rates and service to existing and potential clients as well as overseas offices.
· Occasional travel required for customer meetings.
Education and Experience: Associates’ Degree in Sales and Marketing plus 3 or more years’ related experience in the International Logistics industry. Experience in customer service and operations knowledge in air and ocean freight forwarding; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 13 months ago