Job Purpose: Sells to new and existing accounts through telephone communications. Duties and Responsibilities: |
Knowledge and Skills: Significant knowledge of products and tool set. Work Experience:
- Daily telephone contact with clients to promote product offerings services and capabilities.
- Responds to client information requests.
- Monitors and controls response to client requirements for initial contact to order fulfillment.
- Maintains and expands sales with existing accounts through a high level of customer service.
- Coordinates sales effort with field sales product management and suppliers.
- Provides customers with up to date product information making price decisions through telephone negotiations evaluating problem accounts and interfacing with manufacturer’s representatives and OEM sales persons.
- Coordinates existing customer requirements for inventories delivery lead time and standard catalogue part of unit prices.
Education and Certification(s): A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at 800-882-8638 option 4, then option 3.
- Two to five years of prior job-related experience.
- Distribution background.
If you need an electronic component, Avnet probably has it. The company is the world's top distributor of electronic components...