Love to ski? Love to be on the water? Vermont Teddy Bear Company is perfectly positioned on the shores of Lake Champlain and close to some of the best Ski Resorts New England has to offer! Located in Shelburne, Vermont, just outside of Burlington, The Vermont Teddy Bear Company is a growing organization consisting of multiple brands and channels.
The Bear Crew is in search of a Sales & Merchandising Manger who would be is responsible for development and execution of merchandising strategies that drive sales across the business with an emphasis on catalogs and websites www.VermontTeddyBear.com and www.PajamaGram.com. The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to identify, prioritize and implement merchandising strategies that maximize sales and margins. The optimal person is data-driven with experience in merchandising products direct to consumer online and via catalog. This role will manage both the Merchandising and Product Information teams as well as work closely with the Creative, Ecommerce and Analysis teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Effectively integrate strategic and tactical merchandising initiatives
• Analyze existing processes and develop efficiencies where needed
• Ensure a smooth product flow into the sales stream
• Oversee the merchandising of catalogs, websites and retail store
• Work with the marketing team to select optimal products and presentation of those products for direct to consumer mass media and digital marketing campaigns
• Work with respective departments to continually improve conversion, average order and repeat rate for all visitors: ecommerce, phone and retail
• Research market trends, merchandising strategies, and competitive analysis to identify possible product additions, merchandising techniques and pricing strategies
• Provide sales & merchandising insight to product development team for new product initiatives
• Collaborates with Forecasting/Analysis and Inventory Control to manage inventory and maximize sales, including markdown recommendations.
• At least 5 years merchandising experience preferably in an ecommerce direct to consumer business
• Ability to multi-task along with a high attention to detail
• Ability to balance analytics with aesthetics in order to optimize sales
• Proficient in Excel
• Experience managing a team of merchandisers and product information specialists
The Vermont Teddy Bear Company - 15 months ago