Sales and Service Associate
This position is responsible for the sale of bank products and services to meet all of the needs of existing and potential customers while rendering quality service in accordance with bank goals to attain growth, profitability and customer satisfaction. This incumbent is responsible for the accurate processing of customer transactions while providing courteous, timely and informative service to ensure that the customer feels completely satisfied. Emphasis is placed on identifying clients’ needs and ensuring customers receive a positive impression of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Build effective relationships and trust with clients and potential clients by listening to and uncovering their needs and educating them about the bank products and services that are most appropriate for their situation.
• Adhere to general bank regulatory procedures including BSA/AML as it pertains to “know your customer.”
• Process payment and receipt of transactions for all product types and services accurately, courteously and in accordance with established policies and procedures. References the client by name in all transactions to provide personalized service.
• Maintain minimum amount of cash in Teller’s area to ensure compliance with security/safety measures.
• Proactively identify fraudulent or forged documentation and/or activity and report such activity to the respective supervisors.
• Comply with minimum service expectations as indicated through Quest for Success training.
• Gather data by conducting in person or phone interviews with clients or prospective clients, schedule meetings, and discuss product or service recommendations.
• Pro-actively seek information from clients and prospective clients to understand possible changing situations, needs and desired benefits and evaluate product or service alternatives.
• Establish and maintain thorough prospect file, reviews and accesses on a scheduled basis to present new products, services, rate promotions, campaigns, etc.
• Effectively respond to customers requesting to close their accounts, determining reason for dis-satisfaction and offer possible alternatives.
• Collect, analyze and secure all necessary documentation for the successful opening of accounts. Notify supervisor of any suspicious or questionable documents.
• Apply newly gained knowledge, skill or techniques to current work and share successes with other team members.
• Stay abreast of changes to banking environment, bank competition and customer's business environment.
• Perform basic inquiries relative to opening of accounts to ensure customer knowledge of account features.
• Support marketing campaigns and product launches, modifying sales techniques to achieve sales results.
• Maintain awareness of individual sales goals and status in achieving them. Complete daily two part-plan: 1) Evaluate how to attain more business from existing clients, 2) Plan to attract new clients.
• Ensure cash is secured according to policy throughout course of day.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to access various workstations and areas of the bank.
• Assist in the processing of nightly depository bags and currency/food stamps.
• Ability to lift 50 pound coin box.
• Re-stock ATM machine, balance vault and coin counting machine.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
• Complete knowledge of all bank products, services, policies and procedures, and complete knowledge of transaction processing and referrals, all teller procedures/policies and basic office equipment (inclusive of computer operations relevant to performing tasks).
• Ability to positively interact with customers in difficult and demanding situations, and use various interpersonal styles and communication methods, depending on customer and situation, to gain acceptance of a product or service.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes.
• Computer literate; fluency in Microsoft Office programs, Excel analysis required.
• Effective sales ability and persuasiveness.
• Effective oral, written, and mathematical communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving, negotiation & follow-up skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships both internally and externally.
ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
One year of business related college courses or the equivalent, along with two to three years of related experience and at least six months of experience involving monetary transactions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle documents, access files, use computer and count cash. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Only local candidates will be considered.
Popular Community Bank - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard